US Election 2016

[quote=“rowland”]
Meet the new hope and change, same as the old hope and change. What difference does it make?[/quote]
Well, one difference last time was 10 million more people got health insurance. I know they’re all shiftless freeloading takers, not real people, but still…

[quote=“rowland”]I had a feeling. It’ not that they never learn. It’s that they interpret the lesson as narrowly as possible:

washingtonexaminer.com/shock … le/2560098

Meet the new hope and change, same as the old hope and change. What difference does it make?[/quote]
:unamused:
This was a push poll, not a real poll. Anyone who thinks the ‘results’ of this mean anything is politically inept.

[quote]After hearing positive information about Elizabeth Warren, 79% said they would like her to run for president in 2016, including 82% of likely Iowa Democratic caucus goers and 76% of likely New Hampshire Democratic primary voters.
front.moveon.org/elizabeth_warre … Nt9YUtLZZg[/quote]

First, the 400 people came from MoveOn’s member roster, an organization that has been promoting Warren for months. So these members get a call that goes something like “Did you know Elizabeth Warren is in favor of stopping Wall Street crooks?”. And they go on and on, then they ask would you vote for her? Of course most people say yes. Clicking beyond the first article, adding a dash of common sense, and letting those neurons fire a bit will prevent being a sheep and repeating a narrative that a group of Dem activists and eager Repubs want you to believe :unamused:

This may be chicken feed compared to Benghazi, but these people’s minds work in odd ways…

washingtonpost.com/politics/ … story.html

So all she needs is a face lift, if they’re really that shallow. Or is that just a metaphor for a completely different type of shallowness?

It’s more like a chicken shit compared to a big pile of horse shit. Bored political writers creating a story where there’s none vs partisan hacks creating a scandal. All a big yawn for realists. Keep beating that Benghazi drum and you’ll see Clinton march right into the oval office.

It’s more like a chicken shit compared to a big pile of horse shit. Bored political writers creating a story where there’s none vs partisan hacks creating a scandal. All a big yawn for realists. Keep beating that Benghazi drum and you’ll see Clinton march right into the oval office.[/quote]

When people repeat with increasing shrillness that something is no big deal, I begin to think that it’s probably a big deal.

She’s got a smell to her, and it’s not a new car smell.

So the more evidence you have that there is nothing there, the more you think there is something there? :loco: and :unamused: and :laughing:

[quote]The House Intelligence Committee, led by Republicans, has concluded that there was no deliberate wrongdoing by the Obama administration in the 2012 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi
…Thompson said the report “confirms that no one was deliberately misled, no military assets were withheld and no stand-down order (to U.S. forces) was given.”
That conflicts with accusations of administration wrongdoing voiced by Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Vista (San Diego County), whose House Government Oversight and Reform Committee has held hearings on the Benghazi attack.
[/quote]

There have been seven Congressional committees and they all say pretty much the same thing:

[quote]-- Intelligence agencies were “warned about an increased threat environment, but did not have specific tactical warning of an attack before it happened.”
– “A mixed group of individuals, including those associated with al Qaeda, (Moammar) Khadafy loyalists and other Libyan militias, participated in the attack.”
– “There was no ‘stand-down order’ given to American personnel attempting to offer assistance that evening, no illegal activity or illegal arms transfers occurring by U.S. personnel in Benghazi, and no American was left behind.”
– The administration’s process for developing “talking points” was “flawed, but the talking points reflected the conflicting intelligence assessments in the days immediately following the crisis.”[/quote]

So I guess when this eighth Republican led Congressional inquiry comes up with the same thing, according to your (lack of) logic, there is even more room for skepticism. I have to say that far surpasses paranoia and enters into the realm of willful stupidity.

youtube.com/watch?v=d4qrXge0uvs

I can’t stand HRC. I think she’s a snake and someone who would say anything to get elected and I’ll never vote for her. But continuing to post ignorant claims and childish YouTube videos shows further that you have nothing of substance to say. One ignorant post after another… I’m glad f.com has a block function. There are intelligent people here from all ends of the political spectrum. Your posts continue to downgrade the entire forum.

So it’s on, the first official announcement from a true wacko :laughing:

[quote]Sen. Ted Cruz launched his presidential campaign with a convocation — a speech that fused religious themes with political arguments and his family’s personal stories.

In a speech at Liberty University, the Texas Republican talked about the effects of “the transformative love of Jesus Christ” [/quote]
Does this guy really think he has any chance? I want to say he’s just trying to increase his political capital, but he might be just dumb enough to think he can win… or maybe he prayed on it and god told him he would win. :laughing:

He will soon find out America is done with him.

I think it’ll be good for Ted Cruz to run, if for no other reason than to see the Republicans come out in full force trying to defend why a person born in Canada can still be President. They may recall a witch hunt against a particular fellow that actually was born in the US, and them saying he’s not eligible. For the record I believe Ted Cruz is a natural born citizen even if he wasn’t born in the US and should be able to run, but I still think it’ll be good fodder for comedians to get into none the less. It’s all just a big politcal joke anyway, mine as well add to the excitement and have a Calgarian running for US President. If only someone could also convince “the Donald” to throw his hat in the ring too. :slight_smile:

This latest from Ted Cruz is just asking to be hashtagged.

#CruzCountry- 'Love them Dixie Chicks

#CruzCountry- Except for Neil Young, and he was a fuckin’ lameass Canadian- hey, wait a minute, so was I.

#CruzCountry- What happens when you play a country song backwards? You get your job back, your wife comes back, your dog comes back to life, the towers stand up again.

#CruzCountry- Ted Cruz disses Ted Nugent

#CruzCountry- Get the album now!“Let’s Blow the Shit Out of Them Ay-rabs” and 20 other great country love songs!

[quote=“MikeN”]This latest from Ted Cruz is just asking to be hashtagged.

#CruzCountry- 'Love them Dixie Chicks

#CruzCountry- Except for Neil Young, and he was a fuckin’ lameass Canadian- hey, wait a minute, so was I.

#CruzCountry- What happens when you play a country song backwards? You get your job back, your wife comes back, your dog comes back to life, the towers stand up again.

#CruzCountry- Ted Cruz disses Ted Nugent

#CruzCountry- Get the album now!“Let’s Blow the Shit Out of Them Ay-rabs” and 20 other great country love songs![/quote]
He is going to be a riot. The Republican party loves them some nut jobs. It’s too bad he can still keep his senate seat and run again, unlike Rubio and Paul, who are idiots for running (if they do). Both of them poll awesome to keep their senate seats, but are polling WAY behind in both primary and general. I bet they both think they can get VP nods, but Rubio seems the more likely to pull this off. He could get it just as easily staying where he is. This is not a politically smart bunch.

But back to Cruz…the Donald was so sure that Obama 1. Was not born in the USA and 2. therefore not qualified to be president, I’m sure he is going to come out all guns blazing, right? Surely! Come on, Trump…let him have it!

:s
Oh, so now he doesn’t know and it’s a hurdle that someone could look at :laughing: No, you see…Kenya! They are all so…you know…different from us. I’t’s not because…well, uh…you know. The horror!

Of course Cruz is a natural born citizen, his mother being American. There’s no doubt, nor was there ever any doubt that Obama could run, except in the minds of a few truly screwed in the head wackos.

Now this is the kind of inequality that will really wring a Republican’s heart:

[quote] At this point in the 2012 presidential race, Terry Neese was in hot demand.

“Gosh, I was hearing from everyone and meeting with everyone,” said Neese, an Oklahoma City entrepreneur and former “Ranger” for President George W. Bush who raised more than $1 million for his reelection.

This year, no potential White House contender has called — not even Bush’s brother, Jeb. As of early Wednesday, the only contacts she had received were e-mails from staffers for two other likely candidates; both went to her spam folder.

“They are only going to people who are multi-multimillionaires and billionaires and raising big money first,” said Neese, who founded a successful employment agency. “Most of the people I talk to are kind of rolling their eyes and saying, ‘You know, we just don’t count anymore

Consider the scene last weekend in South Florida, where top supporters of the Republican National Committee gathered for their spring retreat at a luxury resort in Boca Raton. In the past, members of the RNC’s Regent and Team 100 donor programs attracted the focused attention of presidential aspirants. But this time, there were distractions.
A number of White House contenders in attendance — including former Texas governor Rick Perry and Govs. Scott Walker (Wis.), Chris Christie (N.J.) and Bobby Jindal (La.) — devoted much of their time to private meetings with high rollers, according to people familiar with their schedules. Bush came to Boca Raton after an afternoon super-PAC fundraiser in Miami.

Then on Sunday, the governors made a pilgrimage to Palm Beach for a private Republican Governors Association fundraiser hosted by billionaire industrialist David Koch at his 30,000-square-foot beachfront mansion.
[/quote]
washingtonpost.com/politics/ … story.html

Love to hear that conversation:
“Uh, Mr. Koch, this particular clause in the contract for your support…what’s a butt-plug?”

Quick - time to pass the Equal Rights for Ordinary Millionaires Act.

Some good news for the hero of Benghazi:

This will doubtless help her in her efforts to pass as a fully functional human personality.

I thought Scott Walker might have some kind of chance, but maybe not. I think he’s probably one of the better choices for the Republican party, but a new poll came out this week from Marquette university in Wisconsin.
realclearpolitics.com/epolls … -3762.html

Basically, in a matchup with Clinton vs Walker, it’s:
Clinton: 52%
Walker: 40%

She does only better against Ted ‘the bible thumper’ Cruz. Ouch. If he can’t even win in his own state? Nada chance.

[quote=“Cooperations”]I thought Scott Walker might have some kind of chance, but maybe not. I think he’s probably one of the better choices for the Republican party, but a new poll came out this week from Marquette university in Wisconsin.
realclearpolitics.com/epolls … -3762.html

Basically, in a matchup with Clinton vs Walker, it’s:
Clinton: 52%
Walker: 40%

She does only better against Ted ‘the bible thumper’ Cruz. Ouch. If he can’t even win in his own state? Nada chance.[/quote]

True about Walker- his biggest asset is his claim that conservatives can win by sticking to their guns with none of this Bush-type compromise, and his proof is his three wins in a state Obama won twice. While it’s been pointed out often enough that all three were low turnout- mid-terms in 2010 and 2014, and a separate recall in June 2012- I don’t think anybody’s made the point that even after he won all three, Obama still took Wisconsin against Romney.

From liberal journalist Jon Chait (that’s actual liberal, not Fox News “liberal”)

[quote]
The New York Times has a report about the State Department’s decision to approve the sale of Uranium mines to a Russian company that donated $2.35 million to the Clinton Global Initiative, and that a Russian investment bank promoting the deal paid Bill $500,000 for a speech in Moscow.
The Washington Post reports that Bill Clinton has received $26 million in speaking fees from entities that also donated to the Clinton Global Initiative.
The Washington Examiner reports, “Twenty-two of the 37 corporations nominated for a prestigious State Department award — and six of the eight ultimate winners — while Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State were also donors to the Clinton family foundation.”
And Reuters reports, “Hillary Clinton’s family’s charities are refiling at least five annual tax returns after a Reuters review found errors in how they reported donations from governments, and said they may audit other Clinton Foundation returns in case of other errors.”
The Obama administration wanted Hillary Clinton to use official government email. She didn’t. The Obama administration also demanded that the Clinton Foundation disclose all its donors while she served as Secretary of State. It didn’t comply with that request, either.
The Clintons’ charitable initiatives were a kind of quasi-government run by themselves, which was staffed by their own loyalists and made up the rules as it went along. Their experience running the actual government, with its formal accountability and disclosure, went reasonably well. Their experience running their own privatized mini-state has been a fiasco.[/quote]
nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 … dency.html

This is like Chen Shui-bian and wife stealing everything that’s not nailed down- hey, dummies, you know everything you do is going to come under heavy scrutiny from people who are, to say the least, unfriendly. Don’t be such greedheads.
If you’re going to sell influence, do it discreetly.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but a million cigars is sadistic:

electleaders.com/2015/04/hillary … er-office/

Now that’s a low blow.

[quote=“rowland”]Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but a million cigars is sadistic:

electleaders.com/2015/04/hillary … er-office/

Now that’s a low blow.[/quote]

This is the kind of attack on Hillary Clinton that I strongly urge Republicans to continue with. That, and keep telling people they shouldn’t vote for her because she’s an ugly old woman. It’s bound to work.

Campaign song?

[quote]
He likes the bright lights, the night life, and good-timin’ friends
When the party’s all over she’ll welcome him back home again
Lord knows she don’t understand him,
but she does the best that she can
‘Cause she’s a good-hearted woman loving a good timin’ man

She’s a good-hearted woman in love with a good-timin’ man
She loves him in spite of his wicked ways that she don’t understand
Through teardrops and laughter,
they’ll pass through this world hand-in-hand,
A good-hearted woman loving her good timing man[/quote]