US requiring vaccination to travel in Nov 2021. How to get vaccinated in Taiwan for urgent travel?

Are you really having a hard time getting vaccinated in Taiwan? I got my first dose back in April without being in any priority category, and 68% of the population has now done so. What have you been waiting for?

First dose does not count. Only “fully vaccinated” people can travel to the US starting from November 8. Also the vaccines will have to be on WHO’s approved list. Taiwan’s Medigen is not on the list.

1 Like

if you’re a citizen of the United States I don’t think you’ll need it?

1 Like

Good point but not all of us are US Citizens presumably. Also unvaccinnated US Citizens will need to get tested a day before departure. Not sure how expensive that is in Taiwan?

Also people already vaccinated with Medigen, will they have to get a booster to qualify? And does getting a booster count as “fully vaccinated”?

don’t you need to get tested no matter what before boarding ANY flight?

the medigen thing I think is pretty much not going to get you into the USA at this point. I think they said you need a combo of 2 approved shots by the USA FDA or WHO. right?

For vaccinated people, you need to be tested 3 days before your flight. For unvaccinated US Citizens and Long Term Residents, you need to be tested 1 day before.

what if you’re a vaccinated citizen? no need to do a test before boarding anymore?

As you said previously, everyone will need to be tested before hand.

• Non US citizens/long term residents will need to vaccinated before hand. Otherwise, no entry. The vaccine will need to be on WHO’s approved list.
  • Vaccinated people (US person or not) will still need to be tested but they can do the test 3 days before departure. Unvaccinated US citizens/long term residents will need to test 1 day before departure.

so basically I still get to get ripped off for a covid test on departure, wonderful. 7,000 NTD down the toilet, maybe I can pretend to be Taiwanese and get it for 5k.

Veterans General Hospital

$4500. Independent of nationality.

You’re welcome.

1 Like

160USD FOR A COVID TEST…anybody else see anything wrong with this…what planet are we on? I can get a bag of medicine for 150ntd but a covid test is still the cost of HALF my rent.

anyway thanks MARCO. Good to know I can save 500ntd.

3 Likes

Yeah. I saw Mackay’s prices and then I saw the prices for foreigners.

Fuck that.

Apparently veterans are not xenophobic. Who knew! :idunno:

For a PCR test I assume. You’ll only need a rapid test for US travel which can be done for much cheaper.

Two people in my family has thrombosis so I shouldn’t use AZ and I was not old or young enough to be in the priority groups. Last week I was finally able to get BNT! :tada:

Yes it’s super expensive and supposedly the price is cheaper since May!

Are the requirements for transit the same?

I think the max allowed price now is 3,500 NTD

After choosing your hospital of choice in this link you’ll see the prices and schedule

I am not sure. Expect the worst though.