US to take all UK travellers prints

[quote=“Dangermouse”]
I object. I will keep my privacy.[/quote]

Good news. Less Euro-trash on the streets of Cleveland. The masses rejoice!

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

i was fingerprinted as a child. have you ever seen a greencard? guess what’s on it. :unamused:

every single one of them.

yeah, as idiotic as thinking someone would use boxcutters to hijack planes and crash them into buildings? oh wait…

good for you. if you don’t like fingerprinting, stay out of the us. HOW F*CKING HARD IS THAT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND?!?!?!?!!? :wink:

uh, the right of soverignty. the right that comes with controlling our borders. someone already posted the relevent sections of the constitution which deals with this. what right do you have to tell the us how to set border policy?

lol. citizens are allowed to vote. foreigners are not. oh no! one rule for the us and another for everyone else!!! did you know that us citizens get their own line at the immigration counter and, get this, they DON’T NEED VISAS TO ENTER THE US!!! omg wtf? DOUBLE STANDARD!!!

and i have issues with brits who lecture americans on how we should patrol our borders. if you’re insulted now, wait until your own government forces you to get a biometric passport. eeek!!!

[quote]
As I said before
[color=red]The US can go and F*^K itself.[/color]

May I just say that I reserve these opinions about the US Govenment and it’s policies and is not meant against the US general public.[/quote]

lol. what an ass you are. you post that “the us can go fuck itself” over and over in bold and then some pretend that you’re only refering to the government. why didn’t you say “the us government can go fuck itself?” oh, it doesn’t sound as damning as when you condemn the WHOLE COUNTRY.

This kind of rhetoric is kind of of amusing coming from the Brits… especially after all of the actions that the UK gov. took during the “troubles” in NI.

One reason for the fingerprinting might be that the Europe (Germany & the UK) seems to harbor a large amount of extremest sheiks and produced people the likes of the shoe bomber. Many of the 911 terrorists studied in Germany.

Finger printing was implemented simply because the 911 terrorists were able to come to the US on valid visas and take-up studies like how to fly large multi-engined jets. Names and other items can change, but finger prints are much harder to change. Some of the 911 terrorists were known but due to sloppy work of the INS, they were given visas and let in. If you had a fingerprint, you stand a better chance of picking them up.

Wrong. Fingerprinting does not stop terrorists from entering a country and does not stop terrrorists from conducting terrorism. Fingerprints only serve to place someone at the scence after an offence. You damn PRICK. It is not a deterrent. Think again.

I don’t know. I’m not an American. And don’t roll your eyes at me you cheeky knob.

Violation of privacy.

Families, businessmen? Are children and babies who will also need to be fingerprinted pose a risk?

I already said I wont be visiting. Unfortunately, some people have no choice. Can you not read? Don’t insult me.

So you have the right to keep peoples fingerprints long after they have left the country. This far exceeds border policy. I was not telling you how to run or set your border policy, I was questioning your reasons and principle. PRICK. As a potential visitor to the US, being treated like a criminal affects me. I have a right to question this policy.

So how about road borders. Why is not every foreign national required to give fingerprints? Inconsistency.

You are a twat that thinks because I am questioning the ethics of this ram shackle knee jerk procedure, I infact think I have asay in how the US conducts it’s border policy. Again,as someone who is forced to give fingerprints at US borders I havethe right to question this policy. Is this too hard for you to understand?

I don’t think I have a say, but I reserve the right to question them. Idiot.

So only parts of the country employ these border policies?
Oh, OK then.

Go F&$k yourself Flipper.

Edit: In hindsight, I can see your point. Perhaps I should have said that, but it didn’t occur to me.

However, you can still go and F&#k yourself for being such an insulting arsehole.

And most of the terrorists were trained by, lived in, went to school in or in some way had connexions with the US. So what? How will fingerprint databases solve this?

Most, and now with the introduction of fingerprinting, all potential terrorists aren’t known. Even if you have photographs and ID’s you wont be able to stop a terrorist. So what, just because you have a database of fingerprints, they are meaningless until you have a record of all terrorists fingerprints which you will never have. Why is this so hard to understand?
It wont stop terrorists.

I don’t and never will consider myself as a European.

DM, take a chill pill, forget flip flop man, he doesnt know his arse from his elbow, assuming he even has both :laughing:

Dangermouse,

You are correct in stating that many of the terrorist has connections to the US, but many came to the US after long stays in Europe. (It was easier for them to get into the US through Europe than directly from say, Saudi). Some even engaged in petty crime in Europe to stay afloat while they were there. Most were also in the US on valid visas. But this makes the point - if you have a finger print and put it in the DB, then it make sit easier for law enforcement to track them. Sometimes small things make all the difference. For example most of the early AQ members were caught because they all used cell phones with the same kind of Swiss made Chipset.

You are also correct in stating that fingerprinting won’t guarantee that future attacks are prevented - but neither will a helmet/seat-belt guarantee you’ll survive your next contact with a taxi or bus. Does that mean you don’t wear one?

who said that fighting terrorism had to only involve deterrents, asshole?

you don’t know? then why are you shooting your mouth off?

[quote]As a potential visitor to the US, being treated like a criminal affects me. I have a right to question this policy.
[/quote]

it’s ok, once you are forced by your government to get a biometric passport, you won’t be fingerprinted. then you can whine and bitch about your own government instead of the us.

why are french citizens allowed free movement into the uk, but haitian nationals aren’t? INCONSISTENCY!!!

i’m not as flexible as you, unfortunately.

[quote]
However, you can still go and F&#k yourself for being such an insulting arsehole.[/quote]

awww…poor baby can insult others, but has a fragile ego.

hey look, it’s bad math boy! :laughing:

Elegua, finally someone prepared to talk about the issue sensibly.

Correct, fingerprinting if someone is going to be visiting the US regularly and their finger prints are recorded as being a known terrorist or someone participating in dubious activities could prevent terrorist activities being made against the US.

If they really wanted to make an impact, then the check should be before they are even allowed on the aircraft. With the current process, then all a terrorist needs to do is get on a US bound aircraft, hijack it during the flight and then crash it on whatever, the finger printing has prevented nothing. Nor does it stop the use of internal flights.
If the US was serious about this as a preventative measure then even US citizens without biometric passports should be finger printed, why is this not being done.
Are similar checks being carried out on border crossings between say Canada or Mexico and the US, if not why not, this would be an easily used loophole for any terrorist.

It is not the basic action that i am against, but the inconsistency that is coming with it.

It won’t make the slightest bit of difference, jsut as biometric passports in the UK won’t make the slightest bit of difference. But it allows the governments an easy, fairly cheap way to tell its citizens: “Look! We’re safeguarding you all against the terrorist boogeyman.”
A futile exercise with nothing more than PR value. It’s probably giving the terrorists a good chuckle, though.

But there’s one thing – I’ll bet a month’s salary that the dozy penpushers at the BTCO won’t get any fingerprinting equipment, and that the next time I have to renew my passport, they’ll probably say it’s impossible and you have to return to the UK to do it.

No one, including me. And it’s arsehole to you.

Having a greencard is nothing to do with me. What is on a greencard has nothing to do with me. Why should it concern me? I’m talking about giving my fingerprints to the US government for no apparent reason. Not some greedcard. How am I shooting my mouth off?

And I will and I have. But my government is not the issue here. Your pathetic excuse for a goverment is.

Because France is part of the EU and participates in the free movement of citizens within member countries. Haiti is not a member of the EU, therefore does not qualify. Perhaps you should brush up on current affairs. Dickhead.

What makes you think I am flexible? Use a toy.

I seem to remember that you were doing all the insulting. One good turn deserves another.

I don’t usually insult people like I have insulted you in return today, but for a pillock like you I am prepared to make an exception.

You are a total knob.

Is there a database with the finger prints of terrorists anywhere?
If there is, it either means that the terrorists are already in gaol. If they are not in gaol, why have they been let loose?

If there is a terrorist fingerprint database, then there should be no known terrorists outside gaol and therefore a fingerprint database will be useless.

If they have been let loose, then why? And why the need to fingerprint everyone? You shouldn’t have let the terrorists go in the first place. Why inconvenience millions of other people for you incompetency.

I see your point. But where would you obtain the fingerprints to compare against in the first place.

If it is the terrorists first time to the US, taking his fingerprints wont show him up as a terrorist. You have to have a database of known terrorists to begin with so you can make amatch. All known terrorists which have been caught have had their mitts taken, but they have already been caught.
So what use is it to take millions of peoles fingerprints when no known terrorists will ever go through the system?

You use the phone chip as an example. But it is easy to make a connexion between material objects like this. How can you catch people on the basis of singling out people with similar fingerprints?

Gents, stop the insults please else the whole threads goes because splitting and/or editing takes too much time.

Thanks,
Rascal
Moderator IP Forum

The problem with 911 was that US defenses are set up to take out airplanes coming in to the US over the Arctic, Pacific and Atlantic. That was the way that Russia was supposed to have nuked us. In the Gulf of Mexico and Florida you have all of those assets watching for drug runners. You don’t need many fighters to cover the east coast if you have an hour to get ready. The real genius of 911 was that it was domestic flights. That we clearly were not prepared for.

From what I understand, certain databases of fingerprints do exists (public sources like globalsecurity.com, fas.org, or the most paranoid stratfor.com). I would be surprised if the intelligence community did not have one given that they are tracking chips in phones. What you can be sure of is that they are running around the world collecting fingerprints of everyone they even think is associated with terrorism. Also, what the fingerprinting becomes is one more barrier to people if you use normal modes of transportation. What this will not catch is the unknown terrorist recruited off the street - so you’re right - it won’t catch all of them.

You could say this is speculation, and I’m sure that I don’t have all the story right - but hey - Occam’s (sp?) razor.

ever heard of the rhetorical question? canada and mexico are memebrs of nafta. great britain is not. that is why the same security checks are not in place on road entries. brush up on current events, why don’t you?

[quote=“Rascal”]Gents, stop the insults please else the whole threads goes because splitting and/or editing takes too much time.

Thanks,
Rascal
Moderator IP Forum[/quote]

perhaps this thread should have been killed when dangermouse started with the bright red obscenity-laden insults?

[quote=“Dangermouse”]
I don’t usually insult people like I have insulted you in return today, but for a pillock like you I am prepared to make an exception.

You are a total knob.[/quote]

seems like you’ve run out of insults. you’re just recycling at this point. :rainbow:

[quote=“Dangermouse”]

Not as simple as this. How about people with businesses in the US?
Businesses who send employees to the US?
People with friend in the US?
People with relatives in the US?
People who have to go to the US out of necessity?

It’s not just a case of wanting to go or not. Perhaps you should think things through a little clearer.[/quote]

Yes it is. You don’t have to go if you don’t want. If you have to go, then you stop whining and obey the law like everyone else. It’s that simple.

[quote]

May I just say that I reserve these opinions about the US Govenment and it’s policies and is not meant against the US general public.[/quote]

Just keep in mind that by in large the US people support their government. In this case I imagine the support would be overwhelming. To elaborate: “Oh some people might get their feelings hurt. Gee, maybe we should take the chance of getting our asses blown off so they won’t feel like criminals for 15 seconds.”

[color=red]
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY
[/color]

Better think that one through a bit more, sport :wink:

[quote=“Flipper”][quote=“Dangermouse”]

Because France is part of the EU and participates in the free movement of citizens within member countries. Haiti is not a member of the EU, therefore does not qualify. Perhaps you should brush up on current affairs. Dickhead.
[/quote]

ever heard of the rhetorical question? canada and mexico are memebrs of nafta. great britain is not. that is why the same security checks are not in place on road entries. brush up on current events, why don’t you?[/quote]

So flip flop man, an intelligent terrorist could access the US by road, get on an internal flight and still manage a copy cat 9/11 attack. Whilst people like OBL are very misguided in many things they are not stupid.

So using the above example has does having all visitors fingerprints being cross checked against a database prevent an act of terror. It is pure and simply an OTT knee jerk reaction thought out by morons. Why is it then that all nationalities are not subject to it from all entry points.

Jeez, any first grader would be able to exploit the loopholes left open by this stupid policy.