US VS Taiwan blender

My wife has decided we nead to live more healthy and we bought a 850w Taiwan made blender last week.
She read in some book that all the good stuff is in the sead so she like a strong blender that could crush cerry seed’s.

Last nigh she see a quite expensive model on TV made in US and all and ordered it as a 3HP blender.
I was in doubt our electrical instalation could take it, but when we recived it today the voltage and amps turned out to make this a 1380w=1,9hp blender.
The two blenders look like they are made at the same factory with just different branding even one is made in the US and the other in Taiwan.

We are returning on of them, but I don’t know witch one.
the US made on is 37000rpm while the Taiwan one is 33000.
I gues the rpm’s are making some of the powerdiference.

850w VS 1380w, 4000NTD VS 23,000NTD

Witch should we keep?
I’m tempted to try both just to see if there is any difference.
Would be interesting to see how mutch amps they actualy is consuming during hard use.

Edit:I noticed the US blender was rated at 120V and the Taiwan blender was rated at 110V so that means that the US one should lose about 10% of it’s power on a 110V powersuply. I meshured ours to 106 last night.

My bro until recently was in charge of some product ranges for a major, high quality U.S. home and kitchen appliance brand with an international manufacturing base, and he told me (just tonight, actually) that many of the brand names out there are all made at the same factories, perhaps with different outer shells or brand labels.

I only use Blendtec - The Real American Blender.

willitblend.com/

If you know a Taiwan made blender that can do this stuff, please post the video evidence.

[quote=“Charlie Phillips”]I only use Blendtec - The Real American Blender.

willitblend.com/

If you know a Taiwan made blender that can do this stuff, please post the video evidence.[/quote]

Sweeeeeet. Puts my blender to shame!

Which kind of blender you buy should be determined by what you wish to blend. For basic stuff (smoothies, etc.), the Taiwanese one should be fine. If you plan to blend golf balls or money clips, the Blendtec is definitely the way to go!

I would go for the Taiwan one, I have been marketing one to the UK, and it works just as well as the expensive American ones.

I would not doubt that if they had the same power, but is 1380w needed to crush cherry stones and stuff like that?
A 50cc motorbike is limited to 2,5hp in norway and they still move 150kg of steel and flesh at 55-60km/h and 1380w is about 1,9hp

Is so much power really needed?

We stayed with the vita-mix from the us, but I would be interested if anyone had a clamp amphermeter to find out how mutch it consume under normal operation.

If anyone has an old blender they want to donate (I mostly use it to prepare the veggie mix for the animals in my care), I’d be really grateful. The glass just cracked on mine.

I don’t have an old blender, but don’t throw the rest of it away! You can get a glass jar replacement for quite a bit cheaper than a whole new blender. (I learned that the hard way.)

I don’t have an old blender, but don’t throw the rest of it away! You can get a glass jar replacement for quite a bit cheaper than a whole new blender. (I learned that the hard way.)[/quote]

Oh, really? Cool! I’ll ask at the electronic stores. Thanks.