US YouTuber wanting to move to Taiwan. Can I create my own company and self sponsor for ARC/Insurance? Or is there a workaround?

Wanting to move to Taiwan for a few years. How do I go about this?

Start a company and self-sponsor? Apply for health insurance through said company?

Im I am willing to buy property as a home-office, where in Taipei? What budget? Does it make sense investment wise?

All advice is greatly appreciated! Plus, anyone has any leads with an attorney who can help with this?

Don’t have the answers for you myself, but out of curiosity what kind of youtube channel? ?

I’m really hoping you’re not this guy Youtuber Explorer Nick

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I believe that Taiwan is making an extra effort for accomodating exceptionally talented professionals. Check the documentation for getting the gold card, I’m more than sure that there’s a “youtubers” section or something.

I think Ministry of Culture may be the central govt for that field.

I think the minister has a very busy agenda but still might show some interest, even in person.

If you have enough money, investment visa may be the easiest.

Some info that might help.

Is YouTuber a job now?

1 Like

this link might help.

1 Like

If you can earn enough from ad revenue, apparently so.

You could move here on your plan with money. But you might want a more solid story than “youtuber” despite if that’s what’s makes money in the world today. More realistically and honestly, pitch it as media and/or advertising. YouTube, Facebook etc might get you laughed out of your visa. Right or wrong, sarcasm aside, it’s a bad pitch officially.

Per an executive order by former President Ma Ying-jeou, YouTubers (along with foodbloggers) are on the Negative List for Investment by Overseas Chinese and Foreign Nationals published by the Ministry of Economic Affairs. Future investment will be prohibited and anyone found engaging in said trade will be immediately imprisoned.

3 Likes

Engaging in what activity exactly?

Well, it’s all relative isn’t it?

This kid makes $11 Million USD a year reviewing toys on YouTube.

Source?

1 Like

mayingjeou@gov.com.tw

3 Likes

OP have you tried contacting “local” Youtubers to see if they have any info on your situation?

I know of two Youtubers in Taipei that speak English that you could message and ask.

TKStory https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCghPiQIi_uyjF1YHKj-FhGw

Pierre https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3Ycl9dcHk0qz8yoN-6phA

Okay. Good luck with your… YouTubing. I don’t see you getting an ARC sponsor for that though. Also people are a bit sensitive about foreign vloggers since the Explorer Nick debacle.

Some make it on Youtube big, most don’t!

1 Like

I’m surprised that still nowadays somebody comment one of my videos. Sometimes with not very nice words haha