USA and gun control

when I was young in the 70s, my brothers and I would help my dad make his own shotgun shells from used shells after hunting.
That was back when lead pellets were okay.
The paper shotgun shells and the plastic shotgun shells were both reloaded.
He had the powder, the primers, etc. and a simple crank to push down the pellets into the shell and close the end of it.
Quite educational for a little boy.

My dad was big into it too. Spent hours carefully testing minute differences in powder loads. I didn’t appreciate it until I was older. I just cared about sports until I was in my 20s. When he died, there were rooms completely full of carefully labeled and stored ammo in the farm house.

Why can’t America prioritise love over war???

wow. lucky he stored them so well.
as soon as laws went to steel, my dad said it wouldn’t be worth it. but, he still has bags of paper shells and the reloading machine

Wait…sex gets in the way?

All sounds very reasonable and commendable. This is why people think gun nuts are crazy, any sensible measure that’s proposed or introduced and they start running around in circles moaning, no matter what is is.

They do…
Speak softly (pillow talk) and carry a big stick (war).

Love is clearly first on the list.

Wait a minute this is not about war. I have a good point to make about that but I’m at work on a cell phone so it will have to wait. For me it’s about taking a tinyhole in piece of paper and shooting bullets through it without making the hole bigger. It’s also about spending hours recreating a bullet for a gun that has not been fired in generations. I make bullets out of car batteries and other bullets using a mini hand cranked lathe and a file. I get to hold a 75 or 100 year old rifles that generations of young men carried in combat. Enemies or not these were men who followed their country into war for what ever reason. Of course as an American I recognize that we killed or rescued most of them and took their weapons home. Youre welcome England and kinda sorry Japan. No comment Germany.
It’s also about protecting yourself and more importantly others. You cant be a sheepdog without any teeth.

And finally freaking zombie apocalypse. Hello have we forgotten about that?

2 Likes

Ok I guess it is about war a little. You’re welcome on behalf of the greatest generation most of nazi free Europe

1 Like

“Felon in possession” is really black in possession. They make it so any felony, no matter the severity is not allowed to own a gun forever. You can possibly expunge the record but it’s very hard to and I think it’s most likely designed so minorities could never be expunged. Federal record is 100% impossible to expunge (thanks to Chuck Schumer).

The only person who should not be allowed to own guns is people who commit violent crimes and have a serious problem with violence. Not some BS drug offense.

1 Like

Does it bother you that the NRA, despite having an anti trust exemption and a guarantee they have to pay no taxes whatsoever, are still 40 to 50 million dollars in debt due to mismanagement and corruption? The dishonest ones seem to be the NRA themselves, sorry.

I love the US and I’m all for the second amendment and the right to gun ownership, but if conservatives are for personal responsibility as they claim, they should insist the NRA clean up its own house financially instead of blaming others.

No.

2 Likes

the NRA bothers me because they do too little for gun rights.

It seems to me the NRA is just a bunch of mostly white FUDDs that supports your gun rights… until you have a BS felony record, then they label you a criminal for even wanting guns.

Says it all.

The gun industry can start another lobby group if the NRA fails.

Don’t hate the player… hate the game.

I don’t hate anyone. I just find it hard to understand why Americans are expected to prioritize the interests of a special interest lobby that can’t turn a profit even when it has an anti trust exemption and has no tax obligations.

Imagine the degree of mismanagement required to be 50 mil in debt when you have no competition at all and no taxes to pay. Hard to do even you tried.

Why anyone would care about the needs of a corrupt lobby group over the rights of kids to be safe from gun violence?

You cannot take anyone seriously that claims to be a conservative if they are ok with this degree of financial mismanagement and accountability.

As it’s now the 21st century perhaps USA should consider amendments to the constitution???

there’s been a few amendments, like ERA, but the required # of states have not yet passed them to have them become a true amendment

Snail speed needs more urgency?

What I don’t understand is the obsession with guns???

Fear is the devil?

What about confidence and courage?