USA and gun control

True!
Political reforms in USA is long overdue!

Given the entrenchment of the establishment, I’m not even sure political reform is possible with democratic process.

Right to not want to get shot?

Who exactly do you think opposes someone’s “right to not want to get shot?”

Does a “right to not want to get slapped” give gov’t the authority to cut off everyone’s hands?

Giving capable and trained teachers access to a weapon at school is batsh*t crazy? Not at all…

Almost every church congregation I’ve been at in the States designates a trusted and trained member of the congregation (usually kept anonymous to all except the congregation leadership) to be carrying a loaded firearm in the case of an emergency. Perfectly reasonable and very effective way to prevent or minimize the casualties in a potential mass shooting.

In news USA is proposing arms sale of usd2.2bil to Taiwan. I’m sure pooh bear is furiously fumed and fired up!

I heard the USA is going to sell some M1A2 tanks to Taiwan or something…

But by the time Taiwan needs tank it’s going to be too late…

I can’t imagine a situation in which tanks would be a useful tool to the Taiwanese military.

You’re not imagining hard enough

Maybe they can line the beaches of Taiwan with it in case of a coastal invasion? There aren’t that many suitable beaches in Taiwan anyways because the rest are either too marshy or is basically a cliff. But there are better things for that…

Also it’s not too hard to deal with tanks once you get used to them. You can dig a big hole, fill it with water and cover it with a piece of plywood and put dirt over it. Light vehicles like cars can pass through but tanks will fall right through.

Does a “right to not want to get slapped” give gov’t the authority to cut off everyone’s hands?

This is a poor analogy.

Glad you answered your own question, that will save us all some time.

I didn’t ask that question.

Hahahahahahahahahaha
You really dont know how tanks work do you?

Wait I just got it you were kidding.

I think the bigger problem is not understanding how plywood works. :thinking:

You really need to learn how to use the quote function…

Anyway, your “right to not want to get shot” was a stupid statement in the first place. I honestly don’t even know what that means… I guess you were trying to say “right to not get shot,” right?

Edit: I didn’t realize that a thread was broken off of this one in an attempt to teach homer how to quote text. Lol.

I have no interest in interacting with you.

Edit: removed “ideas” from sentence.

This day just keeps getting better and better.

image