USA and gun control

True!
Political reforms in USA is long overdue!

Given the entrenchment of the establishment, I’m not even sure political reform is possible with democratic process.

1 Like

Right to not want to get shot?

Who exactly do you think opposes someone’s “right to not want to get shot?”

Does a “right to not want to get slapped” give gov’t the authority to cut off everyone’s hands?

Giving capable and trained teachers access to a weapon at school is batsh*t crazy? Not at all…

Almost every church congregation I’ve been at in the States designates a trusted and trained member of the congregation (usually kept anonymous to all except the congregation leadership) to be carrying a loaded firearm in the case of an emergency. Perfectly reasonable and very effective way to prevent or minimize the casualties in a potential mass shooting.

In news USA is proposing arms sale of usd2.2bil to Taiwan. I’m sure pooh bear is furiously fumed and fired up!

I heard the USA is going to sell some M1A2 tanks to Taiwan or something…

But by the time Taiwan needs tank it’s going to be too late…

I can’t imagine a situation in which tanks would be a useful tool to the Taiwanese military.

You’re not imagining hard enough

1 Like

Maybe they can line the beaches of Taiwan with it in case of a coastal invasion? There aren’t that many suitable beaches in Taiwan anyways because the rest are either too marshy or is basically a cliff. But there are better things for that…

Also it’s not too hard to deal with tanks once you get used to them. You can dig a big hole, fill it with water and cover it with a piece of plywood and put dirt over it. Light vehicles like cars can pass through but tanks will fall right through.

Does a “right to not want to get slapped” give gov’t the authority to cut off everyone’s hands?

This is a poor analogy.

Glad you answered your own question, that will save us all some time.

I didn’t ask that question.

2 posts were split to a new topic: From USA gun control

Hahahahahahahahahaha
You really dont know how tanks work do you?

Wait I just got it you were kidding.

I think the bigger problem is not understanding how plywood works. :thinking:

2 Likes

You really need to learn how to use the quote function…

Anyway, your “right to not want to get shot” was a stupid statement in the first place. I honestly don’t even know what that means… I guess you were trying to say “right to not get shot,” right?

Edit: I didn’t realize that a thread was broken off of this one in an attempt to teach homer how to quote text. Lol.

I have no interest in interacting with you.

Edit: removed “ideas” from sentence.

This day just keeps getting better and better.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: From USA gun control