USA and gun control

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/07/17/the-liberator12k-a-diy-3d-printed-12-gauge-revolving-shotgun/

I think buying Abrams tanks is more of a Symbolic F.U. to China…and also will deter any crazy thought of an Airborne attack as Tanks supported by Infantry and Armored Assault vehicles would crush an airborne invasion.

They’ve dropped from way way way too many to way way too many. Bravo.

gundeaths2016IHME
_100782942_gun_comparison_640_v2-nc

More guns will help us progress further in this direction.

Or ban those damn gun free zones where most of the shootings happen.

Or how about just stop using guns as a way to deal with problems

Guns work.

So do other forms of conflict resolution that don’t involve killing other people. You’re based in Taiwan, no? So you see this happen in ‘real life’, right?

Uh, no. There are certain types of conflict that are only settled by force or the threat of force. That’s why we have daily shootings in gun-controlled Chicago.

Now, in places where everyone has a gun, they can talk it out… because everyone has a gun. That’s how these things actually work in real life.

Seriously. You have to be from another planet to think people can sort all things out just by talking with no force to back it up.

Are you in Chicago? Is this your life you are describing?

Have you ever been in a situation where you required a gun to save your life?

Close. I needed to be backed up by people with guns. I’ve been in many situations where no one was willing to talk until I brought a credible threat of harm.

This is how the world works.

If the government really thinks conflicts can be resolved without guns, then let the government turn in all its guns.

I saw some meme somewhere that says “You may not like guns, that’s fine. You may not believe in God, that’s fine too. But when someone breaks into your house at 3am you will 1. Call someone with a gun, and 2. Pray that he gets here in time.”

Guns don’t work!

Mine do.

What kind of guns have you tried?

I recommend a .38, but I’ll take a Glock.

“When seconds count, the police are minutes away.”

I personally like 9mm. Great ammo availability and decent stopping power as well as higher capacity (because of smaller cases). There’s a reason why police use them. Recoil is not too bad unlike 40 S&W which kicks harder.

Semiauto is better for a firefight, but revolvers for reliability.

If you’re in a situation where you need more than six bullets, you may have made some bad life decisions. (Or you may be in a war, meaning somebody else made some bad decisions on your behalf. Then you want a rifle at a minimum, not a handgun.) Still, it doesn’t hurt to have a speedloader, just in case.

Do everything right, and luck breaking your way, then two bullets are enough. Six gives you a margin of error.

You ARE the government. Choose your leaders wisely.

All this gun talk is really easy to do behind a keyboard in Taiwan, where no one has them.

You know what’s funny tho, the two social groups I know with the most in common ideologically are gangster rappers and far right gun types.