USA Passport: Required Documents for Taiwanese-Born Child with 1 USA Parent?

I was wondering if there is anyone who has had experience recently applying for a USA passport for a Taiwanese born child (wife and I are married).

1. I lived in the US until I was 20, so do pass the physical presence test. I also went to University in the States.
  • My question is, how stringent are they on the physical presence docs? Do I need to order official sealed transcripts from my university and have them shipped over here? Or can I just download the “unofficial” copy from my Uni’s website and print them out?
  1. We did get an English birth certificate from the hospital that has both of our English names on it, as well as just his English name. Is this enough? Or do we need to get his English name onto the English-translation of the household registration?

I realize that these are questions that I should probably ask Kaohsiung’s AIT when they are open on Monday, but was hoping someone had semi-recent experience as well :slight_smile:

Thanks for any help!

very

yes

you could try, but they told me official only when I asked

You need the household registration in addition to the birth certificate

Did this all about 9 months ago.

Good luck!

1 Like

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much for the reply! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Make sure you register the ‘real’ English name on the English household registration transcript, the same one as the birth certificate. If one has a transliteration and the other has the ‘real’ name you may encounter issues.

You can follow my guide on how to do this here:

1 Like