Used SD RAM in Taichung?

I’m going to be upgrading from 256 to 512 RAM soon. Only problem is, the sod who sold me the PC put in two 128 cards. Bugger!

So, I’m looking to get a used/refurbished 512 card, with a guarantee.

Know of any shops in Taichung that sell these? In or around Nova? Or in Computer Alley, downtown?

I’ve heard the SD RAM cards are getting pricier now, since less of them are being made…?

Cheers!

[quote=“Dirt Merchant”]I’m going to be upgrading from 256 to 512 RAM soon. Only problem is, the sod who sold me the PC put in two 128 cards. Bugger!

So, I’m looking to get a used/refurbished 512 card, with a guarantee.

Know of any shops in Taichung that sell these? In or around Nova? Or in Computer Alley, downtown?

I’ve heard the SD RAM cards are getting pricier now, since less of them are being made…?

Cheers![/quote]

I wouldn’t be surprised if nobody makes SDRAM anymore.

You might do better looking around in a junkyard. Or ask some computer repair place - they have lots of old scrap parts. If it’s secondhand, don’t expect a warranty.

Good luck.

you probably won’t find much in terms of SDRAM … mine went a few months ago, and i was told by a few places that it would be tough to order, take a long time to get (relatively) and would cost a lot because it’s not used for new machines anymore …

enough fhings to convince the wife that i needed a new machine :slight_smile: