Used stamp on my WH Visa?

Hey everyone,

I have noticed that at some point in the last two weeks, my visa (Working Holidaymaker) has been stamped “TPE329 USED”. Does anyone know what this means? Image: i.imgur.com/I6IbfFO.jpg

I’ve done some googling to no avail and as it’s a weekend I can’t contact Immigration or a TECO (I’m currently out of Taiwan). I’ll only be back for 24 hours this month on a weekend before going overseas again for two weeks, back on Dec 1.

I can’t imagine that it’s expired, as I only first entered on March 1 2014. I take a lot of trips and I’ve never seen it until yesterday, so I also can’t fathom that it’s been there a long time either.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

[quote=“notthatguy”]Hey everyone,

I have noticed that at some point in the last two weeks, my visa (Working Holidaymaker) has been stamped “TPE329 USED”. Does anyone know what this means? Image: i.imgur.com/I6IbfFO.jpg

I’ve done some googling to no avail and as it’s a weekend I can’t contact Immigration or a TECO (I’m currently out of Taiwan). I’ll only be back for 24 hours this month on a weekend before going overseas again for two weeks, back on Dec 1.

I can’t imagine that it’s expired, as I only first entered on March 1 2014. I take a lot of trips and I’ve never seen it until yesterday, so I also can’t fathom that it’s been there a long time either.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks[/quote]

Do you have an ARC or APRC? If you do, don’t worry about that. But I’ve never heard of a “Working Holidaymaker” visa…

Can you post an image that is less blown up but instead shows the whole visa? Not much of an idea yet what you are talking about…

If you meant to tell us that you have a working holiday visa for Taiwan, i suspect the last Taiwan border official who saw your passport on the way out may have been as confused about what you do outside of Taiwan as i am. :ponder:

it is normal to have a visa stamped “used” when you first enter the country on that visa. This means that it has been activated, and normally certain time limits apply from then on, such as a one year period, etc.

You also may have a one-entry only affair, so you cannot leave and come back on the same visa. this may affect your work privileges , however, most people can reenterTaiwan as a tourist for 90 days again and again (but no work privileges).

Thanks for the replies everyone, I’ve responded with some more information below.

No, I don’t hold an ARC at the moment and certainly not an APRC.

[quote=“yuli”]Can you post an image that is less blown up but instead shows the whole visa? Not much of an idea yet what you are talking about…

If you meant to tell us that you have a working holiday visa for Taiwan, i suspect the last Taiwan border official who saw your passport on the way out may have been as confused about what you do outside of Taiwan as I am. :ponder:[/quote]

Take holidays, visit friends, currently back home for a friend’s wedding and to see family. Here’s an photo of the visa with personal identifiers removed: boca.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=131 … e=783&mp=2

[quote=“urodacus”]it is normal to have a visa stamped “used” when you first enter the country on that visa. This means that it has been activated, and normally certain time limits apply from then on, such as a one year period, etc.

You also may have a one-entry only affair, so you cannot leave and come back on the same visa. this may affect your work privileges , however, most people can reenterTaiwan as a tourist for 90 days again and again (but no work privileges).[/quote]

I see, I can’t remember seeing it on my first entry at all, it’s certainly possible that I didn’t see it, but I’d say it’s beyond unlikely. It’s a one year visa and will be up on 28th Feb. I can always ask when I next enter but when I return again if it’s not on the visa I’ll only get 30 days, in which case I’ll probably be somewhere cycling around Taiwan when that’s out, I’m just trying to be prudent in avoiding any kind of overstay.

Mine was also stamped as used when I first entered Taiwan on my WH visa back in 2007 - I think it means you have activated the visa when u first entered on it. It’s a multiple entry visa so you can come and go as often as you please, and each time you re-enter you get 180 days of residency. My advice would be to enter just before 20 Jan 2015, as that would be your last chance to get 180 days.

Ahh I see, thanks so much for the information :slight_smile:

Interesting information (not useful for me personally, but worth knowing in case i have to deal with someone who it might apply to).