Vaccines for kids under 3

Hello,

Has anyone here enrolled their child in public school?
Private School?

Do you know if the current vaccine schedule applies to both public and private schools or is the latter less strict?

In the US, we do not require the Japanese JE1 or JE2. I don’t think BCG is required either. I wanted to know if you had to get your kid(s) these vaccines while you were there to enroll them.

I had enrolled my kids in the public school in Taiwan. The vaccination card is among the requested documents, but I don’t know what vaccines they require.
My kids had taken all the recommended vaccines according to the national vaccination card, tho.

3 Likes

Last week we enrolled my older son in public elementary school and my younger one in a private preschool. We simply provided their up-to-date immunization forms from the US.

2 Likes

TB seems the big one. Mine was in school pre covid, no idea what that is like now but my kid doesnt have a covid vaccine and can go to school. Parents need one to enter their lands thiugh (last year)

Hi Explant,

Thanks for your input. Sorry, I didn’t catch everything; did you mean that parents need a covid vaccine to enter Taiwan since last year?

Sorry, no. I mean parents needed a vaccine (or negative test) to enter the school grounds. Otherwise needed to wait at the entrance to pick them up. For drop off/pick up that seems fine. But it became troublesome (expensive) for things like sports days, plays etc where one would like to enter and watch their kids do cute kid shit :slight_smile:

This could be different school to school, I have no idea about government policy. but my kids school had this policy last year for covid.

Otherwise i think only the TB one is mandatory. I may be wrong. But that is the only one they told us the kid wont be allowed in public school without (told to us by doctors, not government health body). So, not exactly concrete information.

1 Like

Yeah, I think it’s your school’s rule.
We don’t have that in all the three schools our kids go to.

2 Likes