Veg*ans Coming from Abroad, esp. Those from the USA,

which veg*ans food items do you bring to Taiwan?

Where in your home country did you get them?

Do you have their pics?

Any specific URLs?

Thank you very much, :)!

Anytime I come to Taiwan, I bring sunflower seeds spread with me. It’s a great alternative to cream cheese with bread or potatoes and I make pasta sauces with it instead of using dairy cream.

A wide variety is available from Zwergenwiese. My favourite is the bear’s garlic spread.

It’s available in health food stores in Germany or by mail-order from e.g. so-ja.de.

[quote=“New2Commuting”]which veg*ans food items do you bring to Taiwan?
[/quote]
Why the asterisk in the word “vegan”?

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“New2Commuting”]which veg*ans food items do you bring to Taiwan?
[/quote]
Why the asterisk in the word “vegan”?[/quote]

I’d be guessing its a utility. Vegan/ Vegetarian thing?

There is a thread in H&Fitness. Stickie at the top of the forum on hard to find foods such as vegan needs.

Thank you for the pointer, :)!

Yes, that was what the asterik is for.

[quote=“Ironman”][quote=“Chris”][quote=“New2Commuting”]which veg*ans food items do you bring to Taiwan?
[/quote]
Why the asterisk in the word “vegan”?[/quote]

I’d be guessing its a utility. Vegan/ Vegetarian thing?[/quote]
You mean a wildcard? So it covers both “Vegan” and “Vegetarian”? Clever!

As for me, I’m a “Vegemeatamilkatarian”! :slight_smile:

I’m a vegaripitsheartoutandeatittarian.

the hardest things i found was nutritional yeast (also called brewers yeast i think?) i love that stuff on everything!! and braggs soy sauce…yummy.
still dissapointed in the soymilk here though, my favorite is SILK brand and you can get it at costco but usually only chocolate.oh well.

do you need a membership to shop at Costco?

Where is Costco?

What do you ppl think of Jason’s at Taipei 101?

I have never been to Jason’s.

Thanks, :)!

Hotdogs at 7-11 are the bomb.

[quote=“New2Commuting”]do you need a membership to shop at Costco?

Where is Costco?

What do you people think of Jason’s at Taipei 101?

I have never been to Jason’s.

Thanks, :)![/quote]I strongly recommend you use the search function for questions such as these.

Threads about Costco, including location details and membership costs;
[How to get to Costco
[New Warner Village in Banqiao, Costco in Zhonghe?
[Costco in Taipei - which is best, & location?
[Costco run from Taichung

There aren’t many threads specifically about Jason’s, but if you input “Jason’s” to the search function it comes up with a lot of threads about a great variety of imported foods. People seem to like Jason’s. You should try it.

[quote]do you need a membership to shop at Costco?

Where is Costco?

What do you people think of Jason’s at Taipei 101?

I have never been to Jason’s. [/quote]

Costco is shite. they don;'t have much good stuff, and they expect you to pay for the privilege of shopping there :unamused: Wankers. And then you can’t even use your own credit card - only Amex or their own Costco visa. What a fucking concept. Pay us money and we’ll let you shop here.

Jason’s is expensive, but you’ll find lots of good stuff there that you can’t get elsewhere. City Super is th same, and even better in many areas.

Brian

Why are you disapointed in the soymilk here?

I know little about the stuff, though I like it, but I figured the fresh, local stuff must be much better than some pre-packaged product sent over from the US. If it’s added sugar that bothers you, one can always buy no sugar or half sugar locally if desired. In fact, I wondered what sort of goof-ball would buy the cartons of soymilk instead of the fresh stuff. What am I missing?

i dont like the soymilk casue i think it always tastes sour…yuck!!

And the last time I was at Jason’s in Tianmu they had a sign by the customer service counter advertising home delivery. Minimum order was something like 2000/2500 for free delivery in Taipei City. I tried to get more information by email but never got a reply from them.