Vegetarian / Mostly Vegetarian Restaurant Crawl

Hello -

I have gone through a couple of vegetarian restaurants in Taiwan with success, and some without much success. The reviews are few and far between so I have been choosing restaurants out of proximity up to now only.

My new plan is to choose a vegetarian restaurant every Thursday night and write a review to help health conscious people or vegetarians on their quest for nice food in Taiwan.

If anyone is interested, I will post the restaurant every week. This week my plan is:

DATE: THURSDAY JULY 10 2008
TIME: 7:00pm
WHERE: Spring Mediterranean
ADDRESS: 23 QingTian Rd, Lane 12, Da’an District (at next to police station, enter from Heping Dong Rd Sec. 1, Lane 141)
02-2358-4210
REVIEW SO FAR:Vegan-friendly, International, Gourmet
Chinese name is 青春之泉Spring地中海自然風格蔬食. Vegetarian restaurant and cafe a block from Shi-Da (NTNU) Mandarin Training Centre. Set in a pretty house with a front garden out. Many western dishes such as pasta, pumpkin soup, organic bread, and curry. Most items can be made vegan upon request. A specialty is the organic hand-made tofu dessert (豆花). Open Mon-Fri 11:00-15:00 and 18:00-21:00, Sat-Sun 11:00-21:00.

Please let me know if you would like to come and I will look out for you.

:rainbow:

Cheers

But you posted this on 15 July :s

Yeah, that was dumb… Make that Thursday July 24th…

Here is the venue for the next one (please post any suggestions if you have any):

DATE: Thur. July 31
WHERE:Tein Mou French Style Vegetarian Restaurant
161, Sec. 1, Chung San N. Road (at Tein-mou area)
2876-0085-6
Current Review: French, Gourmet
A very fancy all vegetarian French restaurant. Lunch starts around 500NT and dinner for around 800NT and up.

I might pop in for the July 24th one since its near where I am…

UPDATED MONTHLY AGENDA

Date: Thursday July 24th
Time: 6:30pm
Hui Liu (My Favorite!)
9, Lane 31, Yung Kang Street (at CKS Memorial Hall, near YongKang park and YongKang night market)
2392-6707
Chinese, Korean, International, Organic -
Name in Chinese is 回留蔬食. Nice atmosphere, with lots of decorative teapots. Price around NT$500 natural building materials. Good green tea. Photos: www.pixnet.net/album/ingenious/1093523

DATE: Thur. July 31
161, Sec. 1, Zhongshan N. Road (at Tein-mou area)
2876-0085-6
Current Review: French, Gourmet -A very fancy all vegetarian French restaurant. Lunch starts around 500NT and dinner for around 800NT and up.

DATE:August 7 2008
TIME: 6:30pm
YuShanGe (one of my favorites)
14, Bei Ping Dong Rd (at Shandao Temple MRT)
02-2394-5155
Vegan-friendly, Gourmet, Japanese, Banquet -
Name in Chinese is 鈺善閣素食. Popular with vegetarian Taiwanese celebrities, this high-end, haute cuisine Japanese restaurant serves delicious and gorgeously arranged vegetarian dishes. $980+

Fore some reviews, you can log into:
http://www.happycow.net/asia/taiwan/taipei/index.html?sortOrder=&page=2

Please let me know if you have any great ones!

Sounds great. I can’t make it to the first two, but am eager to join on the 7th Aug.
I was unaware of YuShanGe and even though I used to walk past Spring everyday, I haven’t been there yet either.
Good on ya Nannsavage!

Would love to join, but unfortunately your dates are always Thursday around 7PM and Thurs is my bad day only finish at 7:30PM. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are good for me. Any way?

UPDATED MONTHLY AGENDA

Actually - I will have to change this week - as I now cannot make Thursday. Will change to WEDNESDAY (sorry if this is an inconvenience to anyone!)

DATE: Wed. July 30th
2876-0085-6
Current Review: French, Gourmet -A very fancy all vegetarian French restaurant. Lunch starts around 500NT and dinner for around 800NT and up.

02-2394-5155
Name in Chinese is 鈺善閣素食. Popular with vegetarian Taiwanese celebrities, this high-end, haute cuisine Japanese restaurant serves delicious and gorgeously arranged vegetarian dishes. $980+

happycow.net/asia/taiwan/Tai … er=&page=2

UPDATED MONTHLY AGENDA

Actually - I will have to change this week - as I now cannot make Thursday. Will change to WEDNESDAY (sorry if this is an inconvenience to anyone!)

DATE: Wed. July 30th
2876-0085-6

02-2394-5155

happycow.net/asia/taiwan/Tai … er=&page=2

I don’t seem to be getting much interest for these so I will ‘can’ them until further notice. If you are intersted in going - please let me know!!! If I can get 3-4 people munimum together, I am happy to keep organizing.

Thanks!
Nicole

ez mate, just keep 'em addresses comin, i’m more into low-end veggie dining but hopefully one day these joints you mentioned will come in handy!