Video Game Controller Repair

I have a couple of Nintendo Joycon with non-functioning SL and SR buttons. I’m not sending it in to Nintendo, and the DYI fix is more than I am willing to attempt. Does anyone know of a good place which might repair this in Taipei?

What are they not doing? Simply not responding to input?

Yes, they seem like they should work (good action and all), but they don’t.

I am gonna guess your reluctance to send them to Nintendo is because they are outta warranty?

I haven’t checked, but I would assume so as I have a launch system. It’s more that I don’t like to send any type of snail mail/packages.

Yea if it’s a few years old it is likely outta warranty anyways.

Fortunately the SL and SR button mechanisms are modular and replaceable.

A bunch of video game repair centres are found at the sixth storey of Guanghua and in the centre portion of Taipei City Mall.

It can be user replaceable, but a bit tedious and requires purchase of the tools needed.

1 Like

I have a controller where the analog stick would move automatically.

I find 90% of the time you can spray WD40 on it, and then keep activating the buttons and it fixes most issue.

Is it the “Guanghua Digital Plaza” or the “Guanghua Electronic Plaza”? I’ve got an Xbox controller where the left stick is glitchy.

Alternately if there’s anything closer to Xindian that’d be great too haha.

The main station underground Mall has a repair shop that could probably do it. I took my Joy cons there and had the guy put in a better antenna. Doubled the range. Just show them a video of the repair or mod and they can copy it.
Guy didn’t even charge me because he was happy to learn a new technique he can now charge other people for.

1 Like

I went here. They fixed the joy con no problem, but my Xbox series 2 elite they messed up.

1 Like

Electronics Plaza is underground only. Digital plaza. 6th storey has a few repair stores dedicated to gaming hardware or you can check 光時屋 in the Taipei City Mall.

1 Like

I got some spare Xbox joystick units… if anyone wants replacements please pm me.

I mean the thing that goes on the circuit board for the analog stick… sometimes they get messed up and wanders.