🇻🇳 🛂 Vietnam | E-visa for Vietnam

I just tried and, as is typical for me, I encountered tech errors.

At the official site (Foreigner apply for e-visa - National portal on Immigration) I completed everything. However, at the payment page, although I received a text with the credit card payment code, no window appeared on screen to enter that code. I later checked my account and it said that the visa hadn’t been paid for yet, and if payment fails you must start from the beginning again.

That first attempt was on the computer, so I decided to do the second attempt on my phone. I couldn’t get to the payment screen, however, because on my phone it would let me check the box that says “The aforementioned is true, blah blah”, nor would it provide the necessary CAPTCHA code, only a broken image link.

I swear this happens so often to me. Anyway, I sent a message to their support and hopefully it’ll get sorted. My trip isn’t until June, but this is exactly why I get on top of these things early.

Yes it is a bit buggy. It took me two tries.

They also took almost five days to approve the evisa.
Quite busy now.

1 Like

I’ll try again tomorrow. I don’t know if it being Sunday is a factor; it shouldn’t be, but who knows.

This is the one I use which I believe is the officialsite. 25 USD.

There are many copycat sites which are agents. Cost more.
Ironically their interfaces look more professional.

Official site (I think)

Did you use your computer or phone?

Phone I think.
It’s still a bit buggy. Site is slow loading, heavy load on their servers. Use a good wifi connection.

I tried that site but I can’t even get past the first page–it won’t let me check the confirmation box :roll:

1 Like

Are you using Chrome. I use Chrome on an android phone.

you can also try change to desktop setting on your mobile. You may also try your pc.

Can’t most western countries go visa free still?

1 Like

Yay, the credit card verification code window thingy appeared this time. Third time’s a charm!

1 Like

Currently, no North American countries are on the visa free list for Vietnam.

2 Likes

Will get an email with code to check everyday.

1 Like

North Vietnam won the vietnam war, so no.

Maybe some communist countries like China have visa free, but definitely not the US

Most European countries do

1 Like

Is that due to Covid?
I visited Vietnam once around 2007 or 2008 and could swear I got a landing visa upon entry. Don’t remember applying for anything.

Since around 2018 a bunch of countries including all EU countries and uk get 15 days visa free

Regardless, I think evisa benefit is a shorter line and process on arrival.

I assumed so but when I went but realized I needed a visa. The visa isn’t really hard to get, it’s just a money grab.

1 Like

No just walked straight through .

1 Like

Up to 15 days for EU counties is visa free, online u can apply for 30 days visa