Vietnamese worker shot nine times :facebook:

I would say you are exaggerating but I know of at least two cases where the supposedly non existent cctv footage turned up afterwards.

1 Like

Shocking stuff leaving him to die like that.

2 Likes

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but bullets will put holes in you.

A proportionate response would have been to throw rocks back at him.

There’s something wrong with someone who would throw rocks at people with guns. Did he not think that cunning move all the way through? Or was he desperate?

There’s something wrong with people who have no empathy for a man who bleeds to death on a roadside.

Do they not think before opening their mouth?
Or were they born like that ?

1 Like

I save my empathy for the deserving.

Apologies for the length, thought I’d add a little context but sort of got carried away. :slight_smile:

About eighteen months ago tommy525 started a thread about police shooting an overstayed foreign worker:

According to the Taipei Times article linked in that post, the police said that they shot the man after he “pushed a police officer and attempted to flee a roadside inspection. . . .”

Here are a couple of Chinese-language news videos about it (both are NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK :nsfw:):

:nsfw:

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/appledaily/article/headline/20160307/37097446/

There was a thread about four years ago that dealt, among other things, with the issue of when it is appropriate for the police to use firearms. I posted some government information about that issue, some of it Chinese and some of it in English:

I’d better not try to read the Chinese part of the above-linked post, but anyway, I think that at least in some circumstances, the police here seem to have fairly broad permission to use firearms.

About eleven years ago there was a thread about a shooting that came at the end of a fairly lengthy, apparently mostly low-speed chase that seems to have begun in Wanhua in Taipei and ended in Tucheng, in what was then Taipei County (now New Taipei City). In that thread there was some discussion of police conduct, and there was also a poll:

A post in the thread quotes this Taipei Times article:

This video appears to contain at least one or more segments of the chase (I hope this is the right video), and is NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK :nsfw::

1 Like

JÔAmerican police shoot blacks and in almost every case the poh poh got away with it.

Taiwan shoots its Vietnamese or Thai or other migrant workers

Equally wrong. They should not be used for target practice.

There is “lia Kong” mentality where the fuzz just empty out their guns ,sometimes en masse.

I don’t see justified use of force to stop someone fleeing a traffic stop

I don’t see justified use of force in shooting this guy nine times

At most maybe one shot in the leg. Give him a few minutes and he will probably stop resisting when the pain kicks in

Tw keystone cops rarely see any action and are certainly not well trained enough as a whole to deal with gun use

I believe there is a racist element

Protests should continue
Migrant workers should not feel they need to leap out of buildings to escape the cops as has happened before

Stopping ambulance crew from attending to him was beyond wrong

Although in this case I don’t think the man would have lived but still

Would you say you have enough skill with a handgun to shoot a perp in the leg - and only the leg - while he’s throwing rocks at you?

If so, where can I get that kind of training?

Sickening.

I don’t know, but I’d say I could probably increase my chances by NOT SHOOTING HIM NINE TIMES. You think?

Maybe we could come up with a special training program for that. We’d take a target, and have a tennis ball machine throw balls at you. You’d try to shoot him in the leg once. If you shot him NINE TIMES, you’d be turfed out of the program and sent to a more suitable occupation like gardener.

And then when they’re facing actual rocks and not shooting even once…

All things considered, shooting nine times is not such a bad scenario. Because in real life, they don’t throw tennis balls. They throw things that can crack your skull.

A relative of mine died from having his skull split by a rock. I have yet to lose anyone to a tennis injury.

And seriously, people. Shooting perps in the leg? That shit may work in the movies, but this is real life.

That’s just for the training, read it again. What, you want to use rocks for realism, be my guest.

Frankly, I don’t have a whole lot of sympathy for anyone stupid enough to throw rocks at armed police enforcing an arrest. If he did. Sometimes the cops tell piggies to cover their fat asses, you may have heard. But even if he did, he’d have to have like machine gun rock-throwing skills to justify shooting him nine times to stop him. Nine times, had to be close range right? What, he gets one rock off? Then they decide to go Bronson on him? Smells like bullshit, probably is.

Good point. Hence the need to explore other means. I bet if they get a fire truck out there and hose the guy down. That will cool him off.

Police should back away. Secure the perimeter and wear the guy out with negotiations.

Got a case here in the bay area recently. Good neighborhood, white perp.
white perp shot dead his gf and drove over to a gas station. Fuzz cornered him there and let him sit and sit and sit (traffic and everyone else gotten out of area). Eventually some 12 hours later the guy gave up, threw his gun out of the car.

Now the thing was, had the perp been black, fuzz may have not waited 12 hours to capture a guy seen running from the scene holding a gun , witnessed to have just shot a woman to death on the street.

Same thing in tAiwan. Had the guy been Taiwanese, he would not have been shot so readily. And hence is ONE part of the problem.

He was shot because he was a “lowly” migrant worker.

IF they can’t reasonably use a gun in a non lethal manner, then non lethal methods should be exhausted first.

If the guy had a gun and was shooting at police, other people, then its a different matter.

Police have a tuff job. And have to make decisions on a split second that may later turn out to be wrong.

We have to give them that.

Training , more training, endless training helps.

The L & O Right tends to believe that everything would be fine if the person “only did what the police said” which is the same as arguing that when a rapist murders their victim, that victim would still be alive if they stopped struggling. Too far? Nah.

It’s all fun and games until the roles are reversed. Then its all “constitutional rights” this and “I’m white” that.

American police do this as well. A famous incident was the so-called “Hollywood Shootout” from 1996. The one suspect who did not kill himself was left to bleed out on the streets surrounded by police and EMTs. The police did not allow the EMTs in for “safety” reasons.

I think , not sure if same incident, but two heavily armed guys were shooting everything in sight on that one. And in that situ, it was NOT safe for EMT to attend to the perps.

This was an unarmed man shot 9 times. Surrounded by cops. What harm can come to EMT in that situ.

The guy was surrounded by cops, I believe he was cuffed. After he bled out, they allowed the EMTs to take the body. The other was dead.

Point taken. Sounds like a hit to me.

so yet another of those race-baiting threads. We’ve been over this. paleface perps get the same treatment - except they don’t get hyped in the news. That’s the only difference.

And guys - you do know that in a combat situation most bullets miss, right? If eight of your shots miss, you’d damn better fire that ninth while your skull is still intact.

1 Like

Oh, and… they always tell us the perp was unarmed or had his hands up or some other bullshit. And his mother is always sobbing about he was the sweetest kid and would never hurt anyone. Then there’s the riots and the looting and the moral grandstanding by the talking heads and then… a few months later, the facts come out and it turns out it was all a crock of shit.

If you choose to believe whatever makes you morally outraged, whose fault is that?

Because we all ought to know better by now. No excuse anymore.

Or do we want Taipei to be another Baltimore? Oh wait. Do you even know what’s going on in Baltimore these days?

Or tallied in the stats, apparently. That damn Obama shadow government. When will people listen to Alex Jones! Truth!