Vintage clothes and thrift stores

Not second hand, but new, at the “army” stores at the Taipei Underground Mall -the one directly under the Main Station, not the one by the side of Eslite, but rather the oldest one, the one wher ethey also carry video games and Indonesian sfood stores.

As to the thrift stores, has anyone checked the Tzu Chi store under thr Jianguo Underpass, close to the bridge heading to Neihu, just around the corner of Miramar Hotel? I’ve just stuck my head once or twice when I walk by and it seems a very interesting place, if hunting for knicknacks and vintage is your thing.

I think I saw a vintage/second hand store in Ximen, but can’t remember. Can anyone confirm, and post detals/directions?

Just been in a cool little place called the flea market. Loads of shoes, jeans and general knick knacks. Got a proper spirit level for 80 nts. No more wonky shelves! Address is 94 zhongcheng rd in tien mu. Right next to a 7-11.

Section 6 or 7? You do realize most roads in Taiwan have sections right? A section could be a couple of miles apart. The numbers start over at the end of a section.

There are lots of 7-11 in Tienmu on Zhongshan rd. so please be more specific than that. I do not notice any flea markets there.

You do mean Zhongshan rd right? I don’t think there’s a Zhongcheng rd. in Tienmu… there’s Tienmu E. Rd though…

Section 6 or 7? You do realize most roads in Taiwan have sections right? A section could be a couple of miles apart. The numbers start over at the end of a section.

There are lots of 7-11 in Tianmu on Zhongshan Rd. so please be more specific than that. I do not notice any flea markets there.

You do mean Zhongshan Rd right? I don’t think there’s a Zhongcheng Rd. in Tianmu… there’s Tianmu E. Rd though…[/quote]

I think Zhongcheng Rd is the one that runs past Mitsukoshi and the baseball stadium.

Looking on google maps it looks like it’s actually on Lane 8, Tian Mu East rd.

maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?fti … wBw&dtab=0

The main Zhongcheng road is the one that runs past the baseball stadium, the shop is on the road running parallel to it up towards Tian Mu

Sorry I wasn’t more specific, I memorised the address as best I could as I remembered seeing this thread but Taipei addresses confuse me somewhat.

found this: facebook.com/#!/70sclothes?fref=tck

[quote]Rocky Raccoon wrote:
I think since Taiwan is still a “new money country” there is a stigma attached to second-hand clothing. Or maybe it’s the superstitious Chinese way of not wanting to wear ghost-infected goods? [/quote]

This used to be true many years ago in Taiwan, and for sure plenty of folks still think that way here, but our second-hand shop in Kaohsiung does really well. The younger generation has far less hang-ups and love a good deal; don’t we all? Only women’s stuff at our shop though and some new stuff we buy in Thailand.

facebook.com/pages/FairyMoon精靈藏寶屋二手商品寄售/429909117051524?ref=stream

Any new stores for vintage clothes, thrift clothes anyone more recent then 2012 has been using to get nice finds?

1 Like

I found a store called 2nd Street in Taoyuan. I ordered some stuff online. Would anyone like to go with me in person though?

2nd Street is a big chain now. They have many locations in Northern Taiwan. If you’re in taipei, the one in Nangang is pretty big. The in Nanshan building next to 101 is also pretty good.

1 Like

Have you sold anything to them? I need to get rid of a few bags.

No I haven’t. Let us know how they fare if you decide to sell your bags.

1 Like

Really easy process. Just make sure everything is clean unlike my dumbass. Also i ended up spending an ungodly amount on another purse :woman_facepalming:t3:

I’ll show everything when I get home

I plan on donating a bunch of clothes in the green box to make up for my consumerism. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

A little black purse is a must.

2 Likes

Coach seems to be popular, we bring in a suitcase or two of Coach stuff for my wife’s family every year. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

There was quite a few bags there. I would recommend getting them there. They will never know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I wanted that Coach card holder for my dog tags and MRT card. But I didn’t want to pay that much for a new one. I got a nice no brand that’s pretty practical but it never occurred to me they would have that card holder in a second hand store.