Violent protestors storm US capitol building

Thought experiment @Mick -
If the police were not present to push back the rioters, and ~137 of them did not suffer injuries
What do you think would have happened? The rioters would have broken into where congress was hiding, extract the politicians they have been brainwashed to see as something akin to evil demons, and sing kum ba yah? Those zip ties were just for aesthetic right?

They picked those up in the building, so for whatever reason, not as part of a larger plan apparently.

2 Likes

My first time hearing this. What is the source on that?

Edit: oh I see: “he took the restraints from police after entering the building”

Yeah, the prosecutors. Headline could be a bit misleading, from a table inside.

1 Like

I’m commenting on what did happen. At least what I can see. There is much which is unknown and much I’m sure we would all like to know.

Why do you suppose the media and Democrats were claiming an officer was killed by being hit over the head with a fire extinguisher to the point they worked themselves into such a frenzy they were demanding the arrest of the murderer only to learn he wasn’t hit over the head with a fire extinguisher at all and the family had been saying that from day one he hadn’t been hit with a fire extinguisher, while nobody listened to them and the FBI/Capitol police never made a public correction to dispel the lie?

We should really dial in on what they exactly were. Which is, domestic terrorists.

https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/terrorism

Domestic terrorism: Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups to further ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as those of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.

I wonder what happened to the crowd losing their minds over vandalism last year during protests. That was property damage, this was a violent breach of government property, going through cops, to get to elected officials.

1 Like

Alison Morrow: Jan 6 Defendant’s Attorney Warns of Surveillance Expansion, Civil Liberty Abuses | rofkin.com

Even the cops aren’t afraid to call them terrorists:

“I can see why someone would take issue with the title of terrorist. It’s gained a lot of notoriety in our vocabulary in the past few decades, and we like to believe, ‘No, that can’t happen here, no domestic terrorism, no homegrown threats,’” Hodges said.

He then read from U.S. Code Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 113B, Section 2331, which defines terrorism.

It defines domestic terrorism as “acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State; appear to be intended to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.”

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. If they die years in the future it’ll be because of 1/6.

Imagine that:

3 Likes

Yeah yeah yeah, as everyone starts to wonder what involvement the FBI had in infiltrating the known “terror groups” which were on their radar for years and what involvement they might have had in planning storming the capitol, the FBI have determined there was no co-ordination or planning.

Nothing to see, move along.

1 Like

They couldn’t hide that forever. They would just play up how serious a plot it was and how little they did. I think it’s just that despite their best efforts, they couldn’t prove it was a deep conspiracy by homegrown enemies err extremists we need to get everyone going batshit over and spend billions on. Shockingly, as surprising as it must have been to everyone that it could happen in early 2021, it was a riot.

I wouldn’t be surprised though if fallout from the Whitmer situation motivated them to get some word out here, though

I hear what you are saying, the vast majority that “stormed” the capitol seem to be useful idiots that were let in.

There was however a smaller number belonging to these right wing groups like the 3 percenters or Proud boys who were texting each other and discussing going in to the capitol building, the problem for the FBI seems to be half of them were FBI.

The Gretchen Whitmer kidnapping plot seems to have more FBI informants and agents involved than actual useful idiots lured into said plot.

It’s an interesting MO, swamp a “terrorist” organization with your own agents and informants and one worth considering when thinking about the Taliban.

That certainly seems possible or even likely at this point, but we’ll surely get more details soon if so. Maybe this leak is an attempt to soften the ground for that landing

1 Like

Because there was a lot of shit and confusion going on. Reports of a cop dying, along with people.seeing cops dragged down and beaten, and someone getting hit in the head with a fire extinguisher.

Yea, things cleared up eventually.

That cop wasn’t and the FBI and capitol police knew it, the fact it circulated in the press for weeks and made it’s way into impeachment articles is proof it was being used as propaganda.

It could have been dispelled immediately, you’re failure to recognize the obvious is also why you fail to objectively categorize the events of the 6th.

1 Like

No, the details didn’t make it into the articles of impeachment. The death of an officer did - I don’t think the coroner’s report and an understanding of the cause of death came out for a while after the articles of impeachment. If you got a source otherwise, let’s see it.

It would have been immediately apparent to medical staff the cause of death wasn’t a blunt force injury to the head, the capitol police and FBI would have know immediately such a narrative was false.

I recall the family was putting it out there from day one he wasn’t hit by a fire extinguisher but were being drowned out by the MSM saying he was. There are sources for that from as far back as Jan 6th, just not on the MSM.

You’re right about the coroners report not coming out for ages, which is part of the problem, they knew he wasn’t killed by a fire extinguisher but wanted to push that narrative.

This is part of the problem talking to some on the left, they can’t observe reality and asking “do we need borders” “maybe we should get rid of the police” “I can’t understand the difference between a man and a woman, it’s complicated” “CRT is just teaching history, why would people be against that”.

Perhaps you don’t realize to some what we are seeing looks like insanity, CNN reporters standing in front of building ablaze with rioters and looters in the background describing it as “mostly peaceful” or in Kabul the other day, Taliban jumping up and down on armed vehicles armed with AK47’s shouting “death to America” while an American reporter describes them as “mostly friendly”. It’s insane.

On a side note, that CNN reporter seems to have flown out, thank god, someone realized her safety was at risk.

1 Like

Ok. But you said that narrative he was killed by a fire extinguisher made it into the impeachment articles. I’m asking you to support that.

I actually looked it up and you are right in saying the fire extinguisher wasn’t mentioned I stand corrected, It does say Trump supporters killed police, which they didn’t the only one killed was shot by the police, needlessly IMO.

Thank you for accepting the media and politicians pushed a false narrative of death by fire extinguisher. That was parroted for weeks.

But frankly that this needs to be argued months after the fact, is just a reminder of how even very simple and obvious things take so much time to discuss, nothing of any complexity can get discussed when even the patently obvious needs to go over and over and it’s just getting more and more simple and obvious stuff that is now being brought up for discussion.