Violent protestors storm US capitol building

He’s the same guy shown in photos from the day helping to barricade doors and hiding behind armed police.

1 Like

This guy, Mo Brooks, was part of Trump’s rally. Talking about Jan 6. being the day they start to fight etc.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/07/mo-brooks-body-armor-jan-6-rally.amp?__twitter_impression=true

“I was warned on Monday that there might be risks associated with the next few days,” he said. “And as a consequence of those warnings, I did not go to my condo. Instead, I slept on the floor of my office. And when I gave my speech at the Ellipse, I was wearing body armor.

“That’s why I was wearing that nice little windbreaker,” he told me with a grin. “To cover up the body armor.”

It’s a Lawfare production, David Laufman and others from Lawfare can be seen hanging around, non of the people on the commission like Trump in the slightest, 14,000 hours of video is being sat on by the FBI, they completely control the narrative and the media will gladly broadcast the sham procedings.

The likely outcome? Establish it was an insurrection, it wasn’t, it was a violent and angry mob, but hardly an insurrection, but they will firmly say it was and number 2 Donald Trump incited the insurrection, he didn’t, but they will conclude he did.

Why? Because I think they are planning on making moves to prevent him from running for office again and both there being a insurrection and Trump being responsible for it must be true, so they will find that those 2 things are true. We can watch and see if the commission pushes those 2 talking points hard.

I think that’s been established, the goal is to find out who was in on it. For example:

https://twitter.com/TaylorPopielarz/status/1420438437379837955?s=20

“I just don’t know”

If they go for the 14th Amendment route shown above, which they may or may not, we will have to see. I don’t think they will have a problem getting the votes in the House and the Senate but then it may be challenged by Trump in a court of law.

Lawfare are a very smart and capable group of lawyers, if that’s the route they go, you can bank your bottom dollar they have thought this every step of the way, they are far from stupid.

But I don’t give much mind to what CNN and the rest of the MSM say, even they have been calling it an insurrection non stop for the past 6 months.

A violent and unruly mob that was trying to do what? :wink:

1 Like

We have only seen the footage the FBI has allowed MSM to report on, I’ve seen plenty of footage that doesn’t jive with the official story. Like protesters standing around fairly nonchalantly when the police started firing flash bangs into the crowd provoking a reaction.

I think it would be good to have all the answers out in the open. I don’t think the Democrats, the FBI and Capitol police want that nor the establishment Republican types like Cheney who hate Trump as much as the Democrats.

Uh, no. I saw plenty of footage all over the place online, including some of it as it was livestreamed.

It’s almost like there was a whole lot of different things going on. And you sound like you’re trying to extrapolate some threads into an all encompassing claim (which I’m sure others have done too, so no need to go chasing down the other side doing the same).

1 Like

Next time I stumble across a post which shows shows police becoming violent with protesters first, I’ll link to it, there’s plenty of footage to back it up, I doubt any of the news sites you visit want to show that perspective, doesn’t change the fact it exists and doesn’t change the fact it goes against the official narrative.

edit/ here you go, you can watch the video’s but there are tons more out there.

Haven’t you wondered why the FBI won’t release 14,000 hours of video which would clear everything up?

Collect candies from the jars on the desks of elected officials?

The question I always ask…during Trump’s rally, there were repeated references to that day being the day they fight, or start the fight. There’s more violent references too.

Start the fight for what? Like what metaphorical fight started Jan 6, that didn’t start before that?

It’s almost as if they said, start the fight today, then proceeded to wander down to the Capitol, and violently breach it.

Same city, same day, what a complex, confusing set of events this all is to unravel. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well, first, I would assume that most of that video was privately filmed and either provided to them as tips or taken as evidence, and they wouldn’t necessarily be the FBI’s to release. 2nd, if you think they really show something, why aren’t the owners of the video making it available? As your video shows, there’s other than msm to publish this stuff. (Hint: there a shit ton of the videos available online. That’s how a lot of the people that were arrested were identified - a whole lot of people were going through publicly posted videos, identifying bad acts, and taking screen shots of them to crowd source identification. Do the same on the flip side if you think there’s a trove of info not being brought to light).

Yup, just found this site. Minute by minute coverage. You can see by the 1.25pm near capitol the police are firing flash bombs and subsequent show tear gas, rubber bullets and so on. That goes on for about 1/2 hour before a group of trump supporters look to go up the steps.

No ones claiming that some of Trump supporters didn’t become violent, or they shouldn’t be condemned.

There is a trove, 14.000 hours of video being tightly held by the FBI, you don’t think they have excellent surveillance footage from all angles both inside and out?

I’m pretty sure barriers were already beached at this point - they started way away from the capitol - so the description of this video is, at best, misleading.

Edit: yep. That video was at 1:36 according to the article. Compare that to the propublica link you provided, which shows the police dynamically putting up more barriers close to the capitol before that, and clearly shows protesters already on both sides of barriers much further away.

No, I looked at the videos prior to that 1.25pm video and don’t see any shoving until after that and a good 20 minutes or so after that it seems anything was breached. Someone posting on the day said it wasn’t until the 4th or 5th flash bang was hurled into the crowd which landed next to some old guy who died of a heart attack that they decided to go in.

There is one at 1.19 which looks like it may be police firing rubber bullets into the crowd, this computer has no speakers though.

After the 1.25 you see pushing and tear gas shoving and so on.

Nope, the perimeter was already breached. The end of the last video at 105 shows people walking over a trampled fence - 111 has a nice panning shot of the fence. It looks like you can get a glimpse of some of the barriers further back at 128/129. You can see police dynamically placing barriers at 127 - and people starting to test the police there. 128 has more people pushing against the barrier. Looks like shit starts flying at 132. So much for the narrative it was all peaceful until the events of the 1:36 video. :wink:

Oh, that fence is a different one, it’s about 400 meters away from the capitol police and the next layer of metal barricades. They were supposed to be cordoned off that far back?

edit, no you can see on the 12.53 people can walk right past that fence, it’s still intact, but it’s not supposed to stop people getting to where the police have barricades.

12.53 does show someone moving a barricade though. No police there at all.

Looks like by 12.59 things are going to shit, with police tackling some guy climbing on the scaffolding.

Meanwhile, back in reality:

Largely thankless what they did - yet if they did not do this the situation could have been exponentially worse. How depressing it must be to put your life on the line for your country, all for your struggle to be trivialized and what you experienced that day to be doubted or even denied by Trump apologists and the foreign/domestic saboteurs who are the architects of their deranged perspective.

1 Like

More on that here.

Notably

It’s unclear how he killed himself and his family have not attributed his death to the riot on January 6. He leaves behind a wife and three children.

If Jan 6th were a factor you might think the family would have mentioned it. However in the absence of the family making any such attribution @bingobango and the left immediately do it anyway.

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn’t, without more details it is politicizing a suicide.

1 Like

Yes, there is a chance the riots were not a factor. The facts are however, that the riot was a factor in two other suicides of D.C police.

But to you this wasn’t really a mob right? To you, this was not even close to a mass casualty/hostage taking event? The rioters were just benign and concerned patriots, I and others should believe?

Right, I see a story about a suicide, someone who thought this was his only way, leaving behind a wife and 3 kids and the possibility it was related to Jan 6th, all very tragic.

No, I have said the opposite, they did behave like an angry mob.

Mass casualty event, c’mon, outside things looked hairy, inside people mostly walked around waving flags, I did look at the footage, I saw one guy throw a chair and the scene where Ashli Babbitt was shot looked like some pushing and shoving, but the worst of it seemed at a doorway, and some officers outside in a small group.

I’ve seen a hell of a lot worse clashes between police and protesters in many countries on many occasions.

One of the problems getting a clearer picture is the FBI are hogging the footage, about 14k hours of it. I did get a closer look with a montage I linked to about a week ago.

It seems Trump supporters broke a barrier about 400 meters away around 1pm, then occupied the space in front of the capitol building. From there and from around 1.15 to 1.25 (depending who you listen to) police were firing rubber bullets and flash bangs into a crowd that wasn’t doing much except standing around, it got worse after that.

2 Likes