Violent protestors storm US capitol building

An armed and angry mob surround the seat of government in the capital of a democracy, claiming the most recent election is invalid.

In ferocious clashes between the crowd and the police, several lie dead and many are wounded. Eventually, armed men force their way into the very debating chamber.

And what happens? The mob wins. The government flees for its life. Nice liberal-minded Western governments, especially the American one, along with nice liberal media, rejoice at the outcome of these events, the overthrow of an elected government by unconstitutional means and mass intimidation.

Some of you may recall these events in Kiev, capital of Ukraine, in February 2014. I certainly do, because I found them repellent and wrong. Almost alone among Western journalists, I argued that this had been a violent putsch.

Just imagine the outcry if a Russian diplomat or politician had been mingling with the horrible rabble which stormed the US Capitol in Washington. And quite right too
The toppled government of President Viktor Yanukovych was ugly and corrupt, beyond doubt. But by the standards of Ukraine’s young democracy, it was still legitimate.

Elections were due within a year, which could have removed those in power lawfully. The mob did not wish to wait, and even shoved aside a deal brokered by several European statesmen to preserve the rules.

Not long before this explosion, many major figures were seen fraternising with the crowds which later became the mob, including the late US Senator John McCain and Victoria Nuland, then Washington’s Assistant Secretary of State, now tipped for a high place in the Biden administration.

They did not call for the violent overthrow of the Yanukovych government. But they were all quite happy to associate with a partisan crowd in the capital of a sovereign nation, and the demonstrators must surely have taken heart from their presence.

Just imagine the outcry if a Russian diplomat or politician had been mingling with the horrible rabble which stormed the US Capitol in Washington. And quite right too. Foreign powers have no business taking sides in the internal matters of independent countries.

So answer me this, all you lofty liberals. I have always despised Donald Trump and the empty-headed movement he created, and I am here quite happy to say that the invasion of the halls of the US Congress by Trump supporters was a grotesque, evil and criminal enterprise, which I utterly condemn without the tiniest reservation.

But will you, even now, say that the violent putsch in Kiev, six years ago, was just as wrong?

No, you won’t. Because – as your failure to defend liberty shows – you have no real principles. You put them on as fancy dress when you need to pose. But in reality you will do what you have to, to get the power you want. Your outrage is phoney and selective, and I do not trust it.

Phoney liberals (corporatists)

OK, I totally agree, but in a way I think this is chicken-and-egg in the US context. I will totally discuss this more in greater detail, and if there is a thread on it please send me that way. If not, I’ll happily make one.

I would argue the majority of my political posting aims to address this problem.

For Galloway, the Bandits in politics and in tech are a more serious problem because they can keep finding more Stupids to encourage to do things like this, even after the specific individuals who broke laws in the Capitol are held to account.

That’s it for now!

Guy

Is Trump still allowed to issue pardons?

Yes

Even under impeachment? Weird.

EDIT: Clinton did it 34 times.

1 Like

Just a distraction. False equivalency. We’re not talking about the Ukraine, but you will use any tactic as an excuse to say “libruls bad.”

5 Likes

Trump’s fans won’t be happy if he doesn’t pardon the protesters who got caught.

1 Like

I won’t be happy if he doesn’t pardon Assange and Snowden.
I don’t care about the clowns who will be lawfully charged from last week. I would like to see the agent provocateurs identified.

Brother man. The US, like all countries, have interests abroad, and things like rule of law and free elections against our interest… We don’t generally side with self determination… Look at iran, hamas… This isn’t new, and isn’t some Gotcha! moment for you. Everybody knows this.

1 Like

What if Assange and Snowden were agent provocateurs?

3 Likes

@cake didn’t write that, just copied from the article…

I don’t think @cake writes anything.

More things they are not telling us:

Election already happened bruh. Cheetolini lost. By a lot. These are not the same, but keep trying.

2 Likes

Capitol police in their own words

Michael Fanone interview at 18:40 is the best.
2 Likes

I never knew there was a Cheetolini running in Ukraine.

Same as 9/11 some clowns called it:

Nobody called 9/11 an insurrection done by domestic terrorists.

2 Likes

Apparently some leaders of insurrection on the far-right were sent 500K via bitcoin from France, prior to.

Sounds like the kind of people who would take the money, wink at their friends, then slowly back into the bushes when they advance.

1 Like