Violent protestors storm US capitol building

He’s probably planning another violent terrorist act thru his henchmen for tomorrow. And tomorrow’s pardon must already be drafted

When I saw the troops rolling into DC I was like damn how many boogaloos, racists and plain old loonies may be hiding under those uniforms? Well, it seems I was not the only one thinking that way.

Ujs8n4Q

One dirty bomb away from catastrophe…

I am thinking a Designated Survivor kind of scenario.

3 Likes

Please don’t go there.

So far, officials say they have seen no evidence of any threats, and officials said the vetting hadn’t flagged any issues

Chill, nothing’s going to happen. Just due diligence. They didn’t have enough brains to do the 1/10 of this max they needed last week so now they’re running around in circles.

2 Likes

No, you are not the only one thinking from fear. All. The. Time.

Why was this Capitol event was the deal breaker that made everyone sit up and take notice?

There have been no shortage of equally violent and destructive events from this same group over the past four years.

2 Likes

Bu-bu-but how is that possible? Police was taking selfies with the insurrectionists! ACAB, amirite?

And let’s not forget, look at the strikingly racist difference between how the Lincoln monument was guarded when they were expecting BLM protesters:

versus how ridiculously unprotected Capitol Hill is when they’re expecting white… uh… ok nevermind.

4 Likes

Isn’t one of those taken as a reaction to an insurrection attempt though?

3 Likes

You don’t really know much about dirty bombs, do you?

They aren’t really a big deal.

Biological weapons are a much bigger threat and much easier to develop.

The latter photo was taken AFTER the insurrection attempt. That needed to be there the first time for that comparison to be vaild.

1 Like

Oh yeah, both of those show a situation as a reaction to something. Now we can agree that it was ridiculous to compare the situation mid-BLM and pre-06/01.

Also,

Make up your mind, buddy: are they threatening insurrectionists or harmless Ralph Wiggum simplets?

1 Like

Some serious false equivalence going on in your argument. You might not see it, but I’m glad the American electorate did.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Why can’t it be both? With that many people one should expect a little variety, no?

3 Likes

But let’s be specific. The latter is a reaction to an insurrectionist attempt, the first not, your imagination be damned.

Ralph Wiggum is stupid, not harmless. Many criminals are quite stupid.

3 Likes

That’s fair, I can take that. What I find dishonest is that some will jump from painting the crowd all in one color to painting it in the other, depending on which narrative is convenient at the moment.

3 Likes

Evidence against Republicans is mounting, on top of the minions they incited.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/boebert-tour-capitol-cohen-insurrection

Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) said Monday that he recalled seeing Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) leading a large tour in the days before the January 6 insurrection.

“We saw Congressman [sic] Boebert taking a group of people for a tour sometime after the 3rd and before the 6th,” he said on CNN, later describing it as a “large group.”

Some Democrats, including Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA), have made claims that Republican lawmakers must have helped the rioters know where to go within the Capitol complex, given the hard-to-find offices they breached.

To me, even the attempt to draw equivalency with the topic being insurrection, reads either as a defense of the attempt, or at best a downplaying of it to a degree.

False equivalency via vagueness is going to be the en vogue playbook in 2021 I guess. It’s going to be some heavy lifting.

3 Likes

Previous pics compared pre-06/01 Cap Hill and mid-BLM Lincoln memorial as “proofs” of institutional racism and ACAB. The comparison is fallacious: in the first case there hadn’t been a history of break-ins to Cap Hill yet; in the second case, there had been many cases of attacks against monuments (statues of confederates, Columbus, but also, woopsie, anti-slavery leaders).

Now that 06/01 happened, we can actually make a comparison. Will Cap Hill be guarded in proportional response to the past events, same as Lincoln was guarded in proportional response to past events? I presented the answer in pictures :slight_smile:

Guess we’re not watching the same show…

1 Like

You’re really on another tangent now trying to compare police readiness.

The good news is, the capitol is ready currently, so the Wiggums of the world cannot just stroll in anymore, aided by cops. This time there’s background vetting of law enforcement too.

Do harmless people try to sell Pelosi’s laptop to Russia?

1 Like