Violent protestors storm US capitol building

A bit like the old hammer and sickle the far left like. Walking in the shoes of Pol Pot whom also liked it.

true dat but only one was a white supremacist one wearing swastikas and confederate flags, sedition etc. so not being associated with that in any way is a good litmus test of ones political character IMO.

unless you meant the Goodie Mob

“I can’t remember what I was doing, but … I was sick to my stomach … to see our nation’s Capitol being stormed by hostile forces,” he told Texas Tribune CEO Evan Smith.

2 Likes

Appears the charges
Are going to reflect crime
Look before you leap! :brain:

Evidence the government obtained in the investigation into the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol most likely meets the bar necessary to charge some of the suspects with sedition, Michael R. Sherwin, the federal prosecutor who had been leading the Justice Department’s inquiry, said in an interview that aired on Sunday.

The department has rarely brought charges of sedition, the crime of conspiring to overthrow the government.

But in an interview with “60 Minutes,” Mr. Sherwin said prosecutors had evidence that most likely proved such a charge.

“I personally believe the evidence is trending toward that, and probably meets those elements,” Mr. Sherwin said. “I believe the facts do support those charges. And I think that, as we go forward, more facts will support that.”

2 Likes

I think these people really believed Trump. They really believed the election was stolen. They also believed this supposed steal would be made right. I think they also believed they were somewhat shielded from normal repercussions like serious jail time because of these things (truth was on their side, when Trump took back the presidency he would protect them for the good work they did, etc.). Sad all around if you ask me.

Sherwin said that he observed former President Trump’s rally to get a sense of the crowd’s temperature. He compared it to a carnival-like environment. He said that as the event progressed, he noticed some people in tactical gear who left the speeches early.

He said it was “unequivocal that Trump was the magnet that brought the people to D.C. on the 6th,” and asked out loud if Trump is “criminally culpable for everything that happened during the siege.”

He said the department has teams “looking at everything.”

3 Likes

Why use the past tense, they still believe that.

1 Like

They believe many conspiracy laden ideas.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/dallas-suburbs-capitol-riot/2021/03/21/468646f2-8299-11eb-ac37-4383f7709abe_story.html

Hope for Trump’s return is fervent in Frisco and across the north Dallas suburbs, an area of rapid growth and rapidly increasing diversity. Nineteen local residents have been charged in connection with the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, according to federal authorities, one of the largest numbers in any place in the country.

Local law enforcement authorities had been grappling for months with the poisonous impact of baseless claims. In September, Frisco authorities were flooded with calls and emails after QAnon conspiracy theorists latched onto a video shared on social media of a crying little girl in the back seat of a car. In reality, the girl, who police say was part of a custody dispute, was safe, but her privacy was violated by the video being shared repeatedly, and time spent addressing the false accusation affected the investigation, authorities said.

Police also were forced to address a viral social media post that falsely labeled the town’s sprawling Stonebriar Center the “No. 1 mall in the U.S. for sex trafficking,” assuring the public that teenagers were not being kidnapped.

On the DFW Deplorables site, members followed and debated the case of the distraught little girl in the video, but they were sure about one thing: Trump was doing “God’s work” to rid the land of “pedos,” rapists and sex traffickers.

2 Likes

One hundred percent
The poorly educated
He is a big fan

Almost feel bad but
Hard to feel for cult worship
They made their own beds

2 Likes

Yeah… that’s easy enough to answer: she was shot because she was first to breach the speaker’s lobby, where officers had apparently drawn a hard line in the stand to keep the rioters from the house chambers behind them, where members of congress were sheltering.

As soon as they broke the windows to where the pols were, well, yeah, that’s why.

Leave it to Tucker Carlson to provide a platform for domestic terrorist defense.

1 Like

Are you new to the world?

I don’t believe you’ve quoted me correctly, please edit.

I’ve been paying attention to people like Carlson, who talk out of both sides of their mouth, for many moons now. You might be well served to drop the ego and listen to people with records ahead of the curve. :brain:

1 Like

Why? I don’t watch that Maddow guy and I feel foin.

It’s an interesting attempt at equivalency to be sure, but I’m afraid Maddow has not argued in front of a court that she plays a character on TV not to be taken seriously. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Depends on how one qualifies “Court.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/rachel-maddows-not-so-big-reveal-of-trumps-tax-returns/2017/03/15/35985290-099e-11e7-bd19-fd3afa0f7e2a_video.html

Most people define it as a court of law, that can send you to prison.

Not sure how what you posted is relevant, that was not a good look for her, but quite apples to oranges, I’m sure you can see it.

No reasonable person takes her seriously JD, she’s like Tucker Carlson but slightly more masculine (complete with the look of perpetual confusion stamped on the face).

You can just avoid her personality and focus on the facts she presents, she does present those. Important distinction!

You’re trying way too hard now though, have fun!

Oh I can see your side for sure. Don’t mean I agree with it. It’s not some encrypted knowledge.