Virtual PC in Taiwan?

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Virtual PC?

i would try kaaza lite or Bit Torrent. or any other p2p

why bother? Virtual PC is about 2 years old. There are a few alternatives now.

Try parallels.com

Kenneth

Parallels Workstation works only on an Intel Mac. I’ve been running it since last week and I’m amazed how fast it is on a MacBook Pro. :slight_smile:

Virtual PC is still the fastest emulator for PowerPC Macs. There’s also Qemu (free) though the speed really isn’t too great. For Windows 2000, it might be ok. If you’re going to run VPC or Qemu, taking the time to optimize Windows, and remove unnecessary services, really helps. I spent a lot of time reading optimzation guides to great benefit. XPLite is also a great application to remove unnecessary parts of Windows.

One can also try VMWare, which now offers a free version.

Qemu looks like too much hassle. I’ve been hitting Apple Centers but they don’t have much in the way of software.

“Virtual Server” is now a free download from Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/virtualserver/default.mspx. It works on Windows XP Pro or 2003 Server.
If you’ve got XP Pro then Virtual Server may do everything you would need Virtual PC to do.

[quote=“mrjared”]
If you’ve got XP Pro then Virtual Server may do everything you would need Virtual PC to do.[/quote]
Except run on a Mac.