Visa and ARC question

I just got my residency visa in HK, but I am confused about two things. My duration of stay is blank, it shows three stars like so *** and secondly, it says I must apply for ARC at a local service center of national immigration agency within 15 days. So, what do I do for these? I suppose I should mention I will be attending school at NTNU in Taipei for the next year and planning to reapply for the next year if possible. What do I do for ARC and about my vague duration of stay? I have the visa, so I am guessing they will let me in, even with no duration of stay, right?

Thank you for the help

I think this http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewforum.php?f=67 section is more suitable for your question, and I believe you can find there also the answer

You need to visit immigration department with all the papers regarding admission.

waaa… I’m sorry for spamming… :doh:

I went ahead an made my own thread… T___T

but copy pasting the content…

hello, I have been wondering about this, I have an ARC because I’m a university student… I’m in an English program course, but… what do you expect… the English communication skills of the professors are not that well at all, learning calculus in Mandarin is a pain… nosebleeds so I’ve decided not to continue and just take up courses in the school’s Chinese Learning Center… however, they told me I have to get out of the country to get a new visa (visitors extendable visa)… hassle but understandable my question is, is there a way for me to get a new visa without the need of leaving Taiwan.? or are there agencies who can do this for me instead? or is that question totally illegal? :eh:

please pm me or just reply here… thank you so much :pray: