I am wondering how easy it would be to arrive on a visa exemption (Canada) and then turn this into a visitors visa? I plan to look for a job once I arrive, so am wondering if it is easier to apply for a visitor’s visa from home? If I do arrive on an exemption will I then have to leave the country to apply for a visitor visa?

The questions on the online application form want info about your permanent address in your home country, as well as information about work and school. None of this will apply, because my plan is to stat in Taiwan.

to obtain a visitor’s visa they want to know why you are planning on visiting, I am guessing that looking for a job is not a valid reason?