Visa extension

I’ve been in Taiwan for almost two months studying mandarin at TLI and visiting friends. I’m planing to stay here for 4 more months before I go off to China to study mandarin and back pack for a bit. But I’ve got to extend my visitor visa this week. And my boyfriend said that I could go to any police station and get this done. So I just wanted to confirm this with someone who has got an extension. Can I go to any police station, or do I have to go to a specific one?


The secretary at TLI can tell you exactly what you need to do. They will give you an attendance record which you must then take to the police station. Assuming you live in Taibei City that will be the police headquarters between Zhonghua Road and Yanping South Road - nearest MRT stop Ximending.