Visa for China in Taiwan?

Well, my school has already bought return tickets between Taipei and Shanghai, so flying to Hong Kong and back to pick up a cheaper visa seems a rather poor use of my money and time, unless I’m missing something.

I prefer to figure out everything before I head into town rather than walking in and asking questions, because each trip there is going to be pretty much half my day gone. I need to make at least two trips, once to apply and once to pick up - I’d rather not make it three trips.

What I meant was, that you write on the application you will be traveling from hk to sz with the local mrt(for which you obviously cannot book a ticket in advance).

Oh, I see - OK, I was missing something. Um, I’d rather keep it “honest”: immigration in Shanghai probably doesn’t compare your arrival information with what you put on the visa application, but I don’t want to rely on that assumption.

And with China’s face-recognition tech and personal credit score and surveillance of everything, I’m especially wary.

But I still want to buy (but won’t!) a Winnie-the-Pooh t-shirt to wear on the plane.

Did you find any place that issue multiple entry visa ? I just visited lion travel and they only do single entry visas, and seemed a bit confused about the previous multiple entry visas in my passports

Got 6 months double entry, was processed at Hong Kong by travel agent.

On multiple-entry visas: China Travel service, listed above, seems to provide that. I haven’t gone through this yet, but it’s listed on their forms.

OK, I check them out Monday.

Lion Travel Service whom I just visited advised me to go to HK to get multientry(unlimited, not to be confused with double entry), although it seems they can do multientry 6 month business visas but not for tourists.

what is your visa situation like back home? i know americans can get a 10 year visa now. i can now(since 2016 although i only found out about it this year) get a 2 year multiple entry visa from england. which takes out a lot of hassle for me. . you can’t get these in hk though as far as i know you need to get it from home.

I don’t know what the visa situation is back home, but I got multiple entry visas in hk many times.

I got right of abode in hk(basically citizenship, except I can’t run for certain public office)

for how long? for me the 2 year deal is pretty good as i’m definitely going to be taking multiple trips.

Where did you get 2 year ?

At lion travel when I went yesterday they said they can’t do it

i haven’t got it. i would have to get it from england. i will try to get one when i go back at christmas, as i understand a 2 year multiple entry tourist visa is the minimum now though.

The costs above are for processing in Hong Kong. Price for processing in Taiwan is around double.

Did you get a visa yet?

Yes, I did, through a travel agency near Zhongshan Station. But I’m not sure if they regularly provide that service; my boss knows one of the agents there, and that’s how it got done (with a bit of a discount too).

I waited until I had complete hotel information before applying. I was a little worried because I applied for a regular tourist visa, even though I was going there for university stuff - but I didn’t have any kind of official invitation paperwork, so I couldn’t apply for a business visa. Anyway, it all worked out. Even though I applied for a single-entry visa, they gave me a double-entry visa, valid for six months.

A tiny bit of my brain suggested “Hey, you can go to China again in Chinese New Year!” And the rest of my brain ordered that tiny bit to shut the hell up.

I know there is new information about a 10yr visa to China.

How can a US Citizen get a China Visa?

I looked on the Chinese embassy site and don’t see info about cost. I don’t see anything about a visa longer than 1yr.

I searched the forums but I just see a bunch of people telling each other they are sharing the wrong info. Can someone link me to the proper information? Thank you.

I am American.
In San Francisco, I gave usd200 to an agency near the PRC consulate & next day, got a 10 year visa where I can stay for 2 months at a time

Not sure if the application procedures are different for us citizens, but when I tried to get a multiple entry tourist visa for China in tw I was told by numerous agencies that I need to go to hk

I was only offered double and single entry tourist visas

Many different ideas and experiences abound here and everywhere. And don’t just look at the official Chinese visa requirements which are not perfectly set in stone.

Some agencies will tell you that you must have an ARC/APRC, but that is their own requirement. Other agencies can do by working via Hong Kong.

I was told by the Taipei Taiwan branch of this Hong Kong based agency that they can get a USA passport holder a visa regardless of having an ARC/APRC but it cost more without. I’ve used this agency to do it in Hong Kong but not yet used the branch in Taiwan. China Travel Service 臺灣中國旅行社股份有限公司 No. 54, Linsen North Road, Zhongshan District, Taipei City, 10491 02 2562 5858 https://goo.gl/maps/Z1kK8sMxduA2, http://www.chinatravel.com.tw

Some people have done it with Lion Travel and others had problems. Seems each branch maybe different.

Some people have done it with other agencies in Taipei and in other cities. For example, China VISA OLIVER TRAVEL CO,. LTD #108, JhongHua 3rd Rd. 9 Floor Unit B, in Kaohsiung, Taiwan and Whose Travel in Taichung

1 Like

I visited these guys, they told me very clearly they can only do single and double entry tourist visa.

I visited 3 different of these, all told me the same, that they can only do single and double entry tourist visa.

1 Like