Visa for China in Taiwan?

Hello

I would have a question
Is there are possibillity to get a visa for china already in Taiwan?
Cause me and another friend, are going to do a au pair programm in China, and it would give us some less headache if we knew whether we can do the whole visa thing already over there.
Is there any possibillity?Is there maybe some kind of Chinese embassys or so In Taiwan, which we could call?
thanks a lot for any help, you can give to us!!

It’s possible to get a Chinese visa while in Taiwan, however, there is no Chinese embassy here so you have three choices (that I am aware of):

(1) Go through a travel agent.
(2) Apply for a visa with the Chinese embassy in your home country.
(3) Go to Hong Kong and spend a few days waiting for the visa to be processed.

Search for previous threads.

See this thread: China Visa Going From Taiwan, Works Like A Charm.

hello,
my nationality is indonesian. and i kept indonesian passport, and have residence visa to taiwan (i’m already here) to study here and also have ARC.
and i want to ask whether i can apply for guangzhou, China visa or not, here in taiwan?
if can, how long it takes to receive the visa? because i urgently want to go there at 9/10/2013 and come back again at 13/10/2013 just 4 days.
and for the information that i have never gone to China before.
could I?
thankyou for your support.

You either need to fly to hong kong and do a rush express visa there or in Taiwan use a travel agency to get a Chinese visa.

Is there any recommendation for travel agents? I’ve asked a few (US passport) and been told they have no idea how to do it. My gf finds it very annoying that I can’t just go over like she can with her magical Taibaozheng.

Last time I used Interlink, they did a fine job. No fuss, no hassle, serious agent. They speak English too.
interlink.com.tw/home.asp

Has anybody got multiple entry visas for China recently, the six month or twelve months one?

i also am looking to get a multiple entry visa, anyone with experience?

I am in China now and I have a Z-Visa and residence permit.

[quote=“Kenquan”]Hello

I would have a question
Is there are possibillity to get a visa for china already in Taiwan?
Cause me and another friend, are going to do a au pair programm in China, and it would give us some less headache if we knew whether we can do the whole visa thing already over there.
Is there any possibillity?Is there maybe some kind of Chinese embassys or so In Taiwan, which we could call?
thanks a lot for any help, you can give to us!![/quote]

Hi Ken,

we are planning on overcoming China mainland soon. Please wait a little bit and you’ll have free entrance to China with your Taiwanese ARC. Until then, I’m afraid that since China claims Taiwan is just a province of China, and for some twisted logic I can’t grasp, China has no official anything in their province. Also Taiwanese nationals need to apply for special VISA when landing in the country China says they belong to, even if it’s only for a flight layover.

Please hold on, we are working on it and China mainland will be overtaken soon, with all the benefits it implies for us.

@Serendipity

Gee that’s so helpful.

Bump.

For getting a visa for China: can basically any travel agent do this? If not, does anyone know a travel agent to use in the Danshui area? And how much does it typically cost?

My condolences for having to go to china.

Not sure which travel agent specifically, but one hopefully helpful hint: Price depends on your passport. Based on reciprocity I guess it seems more expensive at least for U.S: citizens.

Yeah, I’m not too enthused about it. A few years ago I would have been quite interested in spending five or six days in Shanghai, but for whatever reasons (reading too much Forumosa? Growling at too many “Taiwan, Province of China” selections on website menus?), I’ve gone off the idea of visiting China. On the plus side, it’s for work, so hopefully it won’t cost me that much.

Lots of information via search box.

These will process a visa without requiring you to purchase a travel package. Normally 7-10 days but can be done in as little as 4 days. Prices vary per agency and per country passport.

China Travel Service

臺灣中國旅行社股份有限公司

No. 54, Linsen North Road, Zhongshan District, Taipei City, 10491

02 2562 5858

https://goo.gl/maps/Z1kK8sMxduA2

http://www.chinatravel.com.tw

• 4 working day processing; HK$1260/US$162/NT$4800

• 2 working day processing; HK$1960/US$252/NT$7500; before 9am day 1, return after 3 day 2

STTVisa

勝達簽證通

10450, Taipei City, Zhongshan District, Changchun Rd, 40號6樓之8

02 2541 5271

https://goo.gl/maps/UmSWspbEYsC2

http://sttvisa.com/

Astor Tours

正達旅行社有限公司

No. 197, Section 3, Nanjing East Road, Zhongshan District, 10491

02 2545 8199

https://goo.gl/maps/aCkGdJuCbZA2

http://www.astortours.com.tw

3 Likes

Thanks - later today I’ll try the one travel agent I know of in Danshui, and see if they can help. If not, I’ll head to one of those.

It’s going to feel weird walking into a travel agency again. “Oh, you thought you could ignore us and just use the internet for all those years, didn’t you? Yet now you come crawling back! And why do you think we should help you?”

I guess I need to bring my passport, and presumably APRC. Anything else non-obvious that they’re going to need?

(I did search - hence bumping an old thread - but a lot of the information is quite old, and didn’t cover my specific questions about cost, and travel agencies in Danshui.)

1 Like

Small follow-up: a place called StarTravel in Danshui can’t provide China visas. A branch of Lion Travel, near the MRT station, cannot provide your first visa to China, although apparently they can help you if you’ve had one before. So it looks like I need to head into town.

We talked to China Travel Service (thanks tango42!), and wow, there seems to be a fair bit of paperwork. Here’s their page for all the visa applications; here’s the one specifically for Canadians applying for a China visa (um, assuming I’m reading the Chinese correctly).

Long list of things required, including but not limited to:

• Passport size photos in which you’re not showing teeth or wearing glasses. Damn, I need new photos again. I’ve got an envelope full of pictures but I’ve got glasses on in all of them.
  • Proof of employment - presumably my contract?
  • Information about where you’re staying. This is the hassle at the moment: I need to wait for the school to set this up, so I can’t actually apply yet, I guess. Many times in the past, when filling out arrival forms, I’ve just chosen a random hotel from a guidebook, but I suspect I shouldn’t take that approach this time.
  • Passport, of course.
  • Copy of APRC.
  • Printout of ticket.
  • Perhaps - printout of some kind of invitation justifying my presence in the Middle Kingdom. That seems more a requirement for business travelers than for academic thingies.
  • NT$9,000 fee for seven-day service for a single-entry visa. Multiple-entry only seems to be $1,000 more - how long is that good for? Maybe I should get that anyway. I’ve got no plans to go again, but if the visa is valid for a few years, what the hell.

You need to apply between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday, and pick up after 11:30am. Fortunately I’ve got enough flexibility in my schedule that this isn’t be a big deal for me, but for many others it’d be a hassle.

I haven’t looked at the other agencies to see how policies or costs vary.

And I’m getting increasingly less interested in going to China.

Why can’t you just say you use the mrt in hk to travel to sz for day trip, hence no ticket or hotel needed

The above works in hk, can’t see why it would not work here. I don’t think it’s very uncommon for people residing in tw visiting sz while in hk

Anyone can just walk in to get a visa you don’t have to live and work in taiwan or have APRC.

Walk in and they’ll explain a process that you don’t need things or talk to one of the other travel agents.

Another option is to stop in hong kong on the way and get a visa overnight