Visa Free Access Countries on a Taiwan Passport WITHOUT ID number

So I’ve been reading around and realize that with my Taiwan passport I won’t be able to access many countries through visa waivers without an ID number, but I couldn’t find any list of countries that don’t require the ID number to qualify for visa free access.

I do have dual nationality with the US so that gets me into most places, but taiwan has a few the US doesn’t. Namely Iran. I want to travel there but I’m not sure if if I can go on my Taiwan passport for visa on arrival. I suppose in the end it may just end up being easier applying for a visa using my Taiwan passport as at least that would get rid of the “babysitter” problem. (AKA: all americans must have a state tour guide)

Any insight into this?
Thx

Ok, so apparently the answer to my question is no one knows. Haha fair enough.

How about this then, can you use a Taiwan passport without ID number to apply for Visas to travel to other countries? I ask because a lot of places a visa is cheaper for Taiwan citizens then for US citizens.

[quote=“cokelover1”]Ok, so apparently the answer to my question is no one knows. Haha fair enough.

How about this then, can you use a Taiwan passport without ID number to apply for Visas to travel to other countries? I ask because a lot of places a visa is cheaper for Taiwan citizens then for US citizens.[/quote]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requ … e_citizens

I’ve never understood the fascination with these numbers. Does it really matter that the passport of country X can get you into Sierra Leone a little faster? Don’t people realize that some of those “visa-free” countries expect you to have booked hotels and have a return ticket?

EDIT: This morning’s newspaper explained that although Taiwan passport-holders can theoretically visit Canada visa-free, they have to apply for some kind of electronic clearance beforehand (yes, there’s a fee) which is damn near indistinguishable from the electronic visas that other countries make you apply for.

You can visit a few countries without providing your national ID number, the vast part is Latin American ones. Hence, you’re free to visit Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Panama, Guatemala and some others as well. Nonetheless, you’d better be aware and prepare some papers before booking a flight. Here you may find some documents sort of ds11 for the US citizens, which would come in use when arriving