Visa free to the UK for Taiwanese

To Schengen? That’s surprising, given the current situation with the shanty towns at Calais. Britain is not going to lighten up about european border controls any time soon; it’s one of the key election issues.

To Schengen? [/quote]

Hardly. :unamused:

Eh? I said that Britain would not agree to join Schengen. What are you disagreeing with?

Sorry. Just read “To Schengen? That’s surprising.” Brain didn’t process the rest of the sentence.

Moti didn’t mean uk joining the schengen space though, only uk saying yes to visa-free entry for tw ppl.

Ah, I see. No big deal, just thought maybe you had different info or knew about some changes.

So, with the visa free thinghie, CI is offering “special sale” on tickets to UK. My colleagues are flocking to get there. Is 30 thousand considered a bargain? I don’t need a visa, either, I’d love to go, too. :smiley:

30K? Maybe a slight – very slight – bargain. Usually its around 30k every time I go there. But the deal they’re offering now is a direct flight Taipei>London. Pretty good if you don’t mind Heathrow. Me, I’ll stick to Frankfurt or Amsterdam and fly into Edinburgh ANY day of the week!
They’ll have to offer something a LOT sweeter than 30K to persuade me to spend time at Heathrow. :noway:

[quote=“sandman”]30K? Maybe a slight – very slight – bargain. Usually its around 30k every time I go there. But the deal they’re offering now is a direct flight Taipei>London. Pretty good if you don’t mind Heathrow. Me, I’ll stick to Frankfurt or Amsterdam and fly into Edinburgh ANY day of the week!
They’ll have to offer something a LOT sweeter than 30K to persuade me to spend time at Heathrow. :noway:[/quote]

And I’ve been told Edinburg is prettier. :smiley: Nevertheless, as a newbie, I’d still like to see London.

And I understand about Heathrow. My trainer at the airline worked there, and told us to avoid it! (or at least, go through there without luggage)

30k is a fairly good price and for a direct flight could be considered a bargain. Heathrow is a rat hole but it’s got great links to city centre…just get in and keep on going! GBP is lower aswell so you’d have a bit more spending power now… London is a good place to visit, got to shell out for some of the attractions but the parks and the national museum are free. Even the subway and tour buses are expensive but you can get around on regular buses pretty well.