Visa Free Ways to extend stay

nah! 180days gtg! i just went to da home office! policy more important then human life?

Please translate this into standard English.

I’m interested, but have no clue what you’ve written.

3 Likes

they offer the amnesty program for overstayers, because human life is more important than visa policy.

1 Like

The amnesty program is mostly for Indonesian people that work in taiwan legally or illegally and have overstayed here. Cause one Indonesian that was illegally working had the virus.

They gave us a 30 days extension cause of covid 19 flights cancelled, bans etc.

Yes, but even if you have to do overstay due to the 180d limit, the penalty is not something threatening your life.

1 Like

@Bazza007

I think that I’ve deciphered your gibberish.

@Bazza007 responding to @cake.

Nah! = No = Your assumption is not correct.

180days gtg! = 180 days got to go = I am only able to get an extension of 180 days on top of my current status, then I’ll have to leave Taiwan.

i just went to da home office! = I just went to the National Immigration Office and they told me I could only extend 180 days and then I’d have to leave. (Why in the world would you call the NIA “da home office”?)

policy more important then human life? = This 180 day extension is so unfair and this NIA regulation appears to be more important than human life because making me leave after a mere 180 extension puts my life in mortal danger due to the risk of the Wuhan Flu. Not fair, not fair, boo hoo!"

4 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Coronavirus vs. Covid-19 vs. Wuhan pneumonia vs. Chinese virus vs. whatever

180days visa are the maximum you can stay in tw once its over you got to leave the country. are you tolding a 6 months visa and already been extended twice?

Lots of countries call their security/policing/immigration department a home ministry or home office. Short for Home Affairs (home = domestic in this context). The most prominent one probably being the UK Home Office.