Visa / residency questions

Great news! My company has been approved and I (finally) have a company number (統一編號) ^.^

Does anyone have experience of what my next step should be with immigration? I just tried to call them but didn’t get through to anyone. I also checked their website but couldn’t find much relating to my situation.

My understanding was that my company will employ me directly… My accountant said I should ask immigration about the investor visa.

Any thoghts / feedback / suggestions greatly welcome.

Your accountant should be doing that work for you. How much have you invested into your company with funds brought from overseas?

500k invested from within Taiwan.

My accountant didn’t offer that as a service.

You’re supposed to bring the funds from overseas.

Well, the next step if the company has been founded is to try to get a work permit from the WDA. Your CPA should be doing this for you.

I always suggest going in honestly anonymous and recording g the entire conversation. Face to face. You get all questions answered right away. Albeit not legally binding. Go back, listen to the recordings and formulate properly structured questions and check the laws. Then get, in writing, legally “binding” answers in order to avoid liability when you break some law at some point.

Use the accountants. Don’t trust them. They make mistakes on the regular as well. So do the official government drones. Difference is the official drones hold some form of responsibility, you accountant is more like an advisor. You still can get fucked.