Visiting Historic Sites in Tainan City

Do you think it’s still worth a visit today/tomorrow? :stuck_out_tongue: I have 5 days left in Taiwan, and never made it to Tainan during my past few stays… (e.g due to typhoon or sickness) :s

Do you think it’s still worth a visit today/tomorrow? :stuck_out_tongue: I have 5 days left in Taiwan, and never made it to Tainan during my past few stays… (e.g due to typhoon or sickness) :s[/quote]
Yeah, go for it. Just cloudy today, a light breeze, no rain. Should be even better tomorrow. No damage or flooding in the city, so you’ll be able to visit all the historic sites etc. But be warned, Wednesday will be chaos with everyone out and about for Moon Festival. Especially the Anping District!

Just don’t go climbing aboard abandoned ships. :no-no:

Do you think it’s still worth a visit today/tomorrow? :stuck_out_tongue: I have 5 days left in Taiwan, and never made it to Tainan during my past few stays… (e.g due to typhoon or sickness) :s[/quote]
Yeah, go for it. Just cloudy today, a light breeze, no rain. Should be even better tomorrow. No damage or flooding in the city, so you’ll be able to visit all the historic sites etc. But be warned, Wednesday will be chaos with everyone out and about for Moon Festival. Especially the Anping District![/quote]

Eh, aren’t historical sites closed on holidays? But those are parks, no? :eh:

Yeah, go for it. Just cloudy today, a light breeze, no rain. Should be even better tomorrow. No damage or flooding in the city, so you’ll be able to visit all the historic sites etc. But be warned, Wednesday will be chaos with everyone out and about for Moon Festival. Especially the Anping District![/quote]

Eh, aren’t historical sites closed on holidays? But those are parks, no? :eh:[/quote]
Hmmm… :ponder: Don’t think I’ve ever seen Anping fort, The Eternal Golden Castle, Temple of the Five Concubines, Cheng Zheng Gong Memorial etc closed on national holidays except CNY. In fact, if anything, those areas (especially the Anping area and Anping fort) are busier on those days. Personally, I prefer to go in the mornings when school is on the go.

Doesn’t make sense to close tourist attractions on days people have free time to visit them.

Visit Anping…well worth it.

Doesn’t make sense to close tourist attractions on days people have free time to visit them.[/quote]
Chris, I know you didn’t just move here, surely you’re aware that the Taiwan government tourism-related decisions have no relationship to “sense”. Only first/second-world country I’ve been to where the citizen line is consistently longer than the non-citizen line at airport immigration - there’s a reason for that, and it aint that Taiwan doesn’t have a lot to offer…

Museums here close on national holidays, so I am applying the same logic… But truly I dunno.

Doesn’t make sense to close tourist attractions on days people have free time to visit them.[/quote]
Chris, I know you didn’t just move here, surely you’re aware that the Taiwan government tourism-related decisions have no relationship to “sense”.[/quote]
Ah yes… touche. Good point!

It’s like that video store in my old neighborhood that decided not to open on Sundays. :loco: They went out of business, not surprisingly.

Museums, sure. But places like Confucius Temple in Tainan don’t need staff and attendants to manage visitors. Also, there are usually vendors selling foods and drinks around these sites, and at one monument in particular there’s a traditional Chinese restaurant that makes a roaring trade on weekends and National Holidays in Tainan.

In fact, most places, like Confucius temple could even be visited after hours or during CNY when they are closed, as they’re open buildings with parks surrounding them. You may just not be able to enter certain areas of the monument or historic site.