Visiting Information for ABC kid

Hi… Um i was wondering if anybody could provide me with some info on what an ABC kid liek me could do in Taiwan. First time Ive been back in 10 years ( Im 18) i can speak the language but reading and writing im not so good… Just trying to find something to do as i will be in Taiwan for 1 half months and i dont know the country well.

Are there any groups where its just for ABC people that i could join??

You’re too late for this year’s Love Boat.

Or you can take Chinese classes at Shi-da like everyone else?

Maybe CAPT?
Chinese American Professionals in Taiwan?

www.capt.org.tw

I can speak chinese, its just reading and writing that i find diffcult

Are there sites out there in English where it provides ABC people like myself sometihng to do?

You’ll be fine if you’re in Taipei. Most places try to have English signs around. Are you going to have a place to stay?

Im staying at the Grand Hotel when im in Taipei, but like what is there to do?

get out and explore the country. Unless you have to be in Taipei for a specific reason there are some fantastic places to see.

Shilin night market is right at the foot of the Grand Hotel. There’s also hiking in the hills behind the hotel. If I were you, I’d take a morning hike to Neihu and take a bus back.

Are you going to be traveling with your family? There’s always the touristy stuff you can do. Ride the MRT for a bit and go to Taipei City Hall and check out the 101. Visit Sun Yat-Sen Memorial. Eat random food at the night market.

Na i wil be going by my self to see family but have to stay in TW for 2 months till parents come back from holiday