Visiting researcher is COVID positive - who to contact, if anyone?

Thank you. I’ll get on this.

Appreciation to all!

Guy

1 Like

I think some local clinics do it too. That’s what I’ve heard from friends anyway. Maybe ENT clinics - I guess they’ll be coming into contact with cases anyway so it would make sense. I agree that a hospital would be much easier for a non-Chinese speaker, though.

Actually she does not have to go to a hospital. Here is a list of designated clinics:

She should call before going though.

2 Likes

So there is a public list. I guess that makes calling around easier.

Actually the app and other links are found in the messed up discussion on COVID procedure.

I’d follow the step by step by Jeanna, a popular blogger. It applies to residents mostly but the difference is your visitor has no NHI.

1 Like

She can scan the QR code on this page to download EUCARE. Also, it does look like Eucare supports English user interface:

1 Like

Nooooo. Corner ENT clinic is enough. Most are doing telemedicine. Phone call also works.

Actually most hospitals have taken down the tents and mass testing facilities.

BTW my colleagues swear that local Chinese medicine powder does work wonders, if the researcher wants to try it.

2 Likes

Yeah, wait until you open it and see just how much of the text the English setting affects. :whistle:

I think it’s just the main menu options and stuff. Can’t show screenshots because the app developer disabled them.

More discussion of the app/process here:

2 Likes

The whole process is clear like mud.

3 Likes

Just so people know: the visiting researcher contacted her local consular office who guided her through the process. So all is good, at least for now.

Guy

2 Likes

I know I’m late to this and said person has already been handled, but why would you bother dealing with the government/hospitals unless you really needed the care, or for work reimbursement, or insurance? I would just chill at home for 7 days until negative test.

3 Likes

This is what i thought at first, but if you start to feel worse 2 or 3 days later and need medication, your 7days will then start from then. If you’re going to stay at home anyway you’re better off getting your jail time out the way.

4 Likes

Somebody seemed to say it is illegal somehow to just stay home for 7 days? You need to go report it somewhere or use the app? What a mess.

Strange. I don’t recall the government saying you have to report. I know many aren’t.

Anyway, it’s hard for anyone to know what rules are what anymore, and as @afterspivak wrote, even the government websites don’t say.

2 Likes

I see your point there.

1 Like

Sadly that is what I have seen here at the hospitals nearest me as well (I’ve not had covid, but had to pcr many times for work and to get health care treatment). They setup outside the ER for all incoming to contact and get infected. no signs or staff helping. I was quite shocked, guess they also dont think covid is that big a deal?

I would quarantine and test myself, just to be responsible and respect others. it seems clear the government has a no fucks given stance by now :frowning:

We take seed importation more serious in regards to quarantine than we take covid. literally. Nevermind the app, the hospitals are incapable. I was truly disappointed the first time I went into the hospital during the whole covid situation. Still am.