Visitor Visa, Macau vs HK

Hello, I’ve been browsing on this forum for more than a year, y’all have been a tremendous help.

I’m currently in Taiwan on a 90 day visa exempt (US passport). I need to go to a TECO to get a visitor visa so that I can come back and convert to an entrepreneur visa. I’m trying to figure out which office will be the cheapest, quickest, and easiest. My fiance will be with me, she is Taiwanese and fluent in Mandarin, Taiwanese, Japanese, and English.

I’ve been told that HK is not the best choice at the moment, does anyone have any experience with Macau? From what I understand, Macau and HK have the fastest service.

We’re also considering Thailand, Korea, or Japan, if anyone knows that those offices are better.

Thanks in advance!

I can’t testify, but my friends have used the TECO in Okinawa which is also close by and cheap like Hong Kong.

The only visa run I have done was Sydney.

1 Like

Thanks!

We went ahead and booked everything for Okinawa, it looks pretty good there. The website says the standard time is only 1 day there, so maybe we won’t even have to pay for rush processing fingers crossed