Visitors visa to Canada

I’m planning a 2 week trip to Canada in August. DOes anyone know what I need to get my visa? And where can I apply for one. Thankss.

You might not need a visa (sorry I don’t know your nationality).

hey 9volt :slight_smile:

get there early when you submit the application… it’s PACKED and they shut down at 11:30 on the dot. Picking them up is easier. And it’s the next day.

NB: you HAVE to pay the fee first and show the the reciept from the bank. Temporary Resident Visa(single-entry) NT$ 2,100

Remittee bank: HSBC Bank
Branch: Chien Kuo Branch
Bank Code: 081
Account name: Canadian Trade Office in Taipei
Account number: 008-077737-388

Once you do that, take the receipt down to the trade office and submit your application.

The application you need can be found here (scroll half way down) and print it off:

right after this paragraph there will be a link to download.

[i][b]Temporary Resident Visa Requirements

The following documents are required to apply for a Temporary Resident visa to Canada :

* A valid passport or travel document. There must be at least one remaining blank visa page in your passport.
* One recent photograph
* Processing Fee - Payment of the processing fee is required before submitting your application to us. How this is done has been described earlier on this web page.
* Application for Temporary Resident VISA to Canada.
* Applicants who are between ages of 18 and 49 inclusive, will need to submit their Taiwan Certificate of Entry and Exit Dates (past five years) together with the visa application, if EITHER one of the following criteria applies:
     1. Passport was issued within the past 3 months from the date of the visa application.
     2. Applicant has previously lost passport(s).

Download this TRV.

To print this form you need Acrobat Reader 4.0 or above. [/b][/i]

Thanks banBush…so helpful you are!

You might not even have to do all that. When my wife goes home with me to Canada every other year, we buy our plane tickets through EZ-Travel or EZ-Fly. They do all the paperwork, she just fills out the form at the travel agent, and leaves her passport with them, and 2-3 days later it’s all done, and she just goes and picks up the tickets and her passport with the visa inside. We did the same when we went to Greece. Most larger travel agencies will do all the visa and paperwork stuff for you for a few hundred NT extra. Its worth it, they have channels to get things done faster, and saves you time and hassle of doing it yourself.

thanks a lot