Volunteer army

I just wondering to know. is it possible to have career in Taiwan military by volunteer with little to no chinese, like speaking, writing and reading.

Lets say what normally we call Taiwanese born and raised outside Taiwan without knowing chinese so they hold Taiwan nationalities.

Lets just assume only languages the issue is. Is it possible?
Also will you be given like languages lesson or time for you to learn after you join? Some information they even pay for your education if you only graduate from high school.

Some of the questions say “why would you volenteer” with all the reason, but i also finds some people wanting to volunteer or have career in Taiwan military.
So we never know what people think.

What’s matters is all is good.

Thanks in advance for any info. Hope that the information also can helps other too.

Still learning English, hope you get what i mean.

I believe you.

So, let me get this straight: you’re an ABC. You don’t speak, read, or write Chinese. You don’t write English very well. You want to know if the Taiwanese army will adopt you, teach you and give you a career while they’re at it?

Others will chip in, but I’ll go with no. No, they won’t do a little or even any of that. :idunno:

1 Like

you need to pass examination. I’m not sure if you can take it in English.

https://rdrc.mnd.gov.tw/EditPage/?PageID=3e5e04a3-fbe1-4da6-b00f-a64d0dc2a08e

It didn’t sound like they were asking for themselves.

There are lots of posts on Reddit about having little to no Chinese language skills as a conscript in the Taiwan military.
BTW, a person can’t volunteer unless they are a Taiwan citizen only.

yes, but those guys do a few weeks basic training and then get assigned to the DMV as photocopy assistant or as teacher in Chia Yi.
OP wants to be a career soldier.

2 Likes

People who hold any foreign nationality cannot join the volunteer military in Taiwan, even if they are Taiwanese citizens.

op wants us assume just the language is the issue.

1 Like