Wack things in China

National Tennis Training Center

2 Likes

Peng Shuai is now missing

5 Likes

Who needs to listen to Peng Shuai when you can study the Thoughts of Peng Liyuan.

Guy

3 Likes

Xi has a daughter, so now I wonder what she thinks about it all. Can someone organise a study session ?

Is she the one at Harvard?

What incredible hypocrites.

Guy

1 Like

Another sign of precipitous decline in Hong Kong.

1 Like

Nothing to see here. Just a normal run of the mill underage daughter being sold by her parents.

2 Likes

The teenager’s parents – who had allegedly already bought gold jewelry with the money – returned the dowry to the groom’s family after mediated negotiations, police said.

Let’s sell the child and buy some unnecessary luxury goods!

rich_frogita

2 Likes

Gold jewelry is a very common method for savings in China, particularly rural China where access to a bank may be limited.

1 Like

That’s awesome.

She was a very successful singer

Oh fuck off… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

czijs8lk2m481
Quite funny. The 肥 Hefei in Anhui

4 Likes

Yeah, I know. About US$150 for a bottle of Monkey Shoulder. You can get that retail locally for about 600 nt. And it’s Irish whiskey and Scottish whisky.

2 Likes

It’s a fad in Taiwan too.

Camera cops everywhere.

Despicable people.

One more L in the ‘belended’ whisky would have made this a classic

7 Likes

Just getting worse and worse

3 Likes

That is some batsh&t crazy video. Wow!

At least I learned that Xinhua videos now feature talking and singing animals. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Mental. The whole “China is more democratic than the US” flex is just odd. I don’t think anyone is buying that. Say that China looks after citizens more, but more democratic?

Just bonkers. Who is the audience for that singing animal video?

Really good recent article on this actually

It may also be that the Chinese government has fallen victim to its own propaganda that the erosion of U.S. power has left the United States a weakened state, so much so that China sees little risk in boldly seizing the opportunity presented by the “changes unseen in a century” to promote Chinese “democracy” as an alternative political model superior to U.S. democracy.

If the Chinese government weren’t so overly focused on competition with the United States, it could have found angles from which to attack the Summit for Democracy that would have resonated internationally. After all, the summit has had its fair share of critics, including those who have questioned whether some of the countries invited truly qualify as democracies. Or Beijing might have realized that the summit’s attempt to redefine democracy would likely be met with ridicule and decided instead to ignore it. But in Xi’s China, those options were either rejected or not considered at all.

1 Like

That’s awesome! I like it.