Wack things in China

They probably only have to launch hundreds more of those things.

You can’t even be negative about anything now.

The land of happy smiley faces.
And keep yer mouth shut.

4 Likes

This Isnt Happening Everyone Look Away Please GIF - This Isnt Happening Everyone Look Away Please Nothing To See Here GIFs

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Free speech prevailed on that island!

Got told off for not wearing my star…

2 Likes

What star?
:ponder:

Uh any context you wish to share? Providing you are not currently in detention somewhere in an unspecified city in the interior that is . . . :grimacing:

Guy

3 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That is rude. I normally wait until people leave the room before i start saying oink oink.

7 Likes

In Asia if your BMI is over 20 you’re fat.

In Internet detention ! The star is used to enter the transit area in Shanghai Pudong airport , I chose to carry it, as it’s rather reminiscent of stars required in circa 1940 Germany, however “it must be stuck in a prominent position on your clothing!”, was tempted to stick it on my ass pocket but thought better of it …

4 Likes

I see. So you purchased a ticket on China Eastern, perhaps lured by the price, or perhaps by the chance to enjoy Shanghai’s famously mild winter weather.

As the old saying goes: caveat emptor.

Guy

1 Like

Another fad destined to end sooner than later.

No, intended on travelling with EVA but their pilots were threatening to strike when I was booking so opted for China Eastern instead, was actually slightly more expensive.

No, I transitted in Shangai, hence the transit star. Went to more northern climes to enjoy a proper winter.

“Open your mind before your mouth.” is more appropriate.

3 Likes

Glad to hear you enjoyed the trip.

Guy

They will be very frustrated when they have to deal with real people eventually. Can’t easily change character traits as with virtual partners. People are not like AI-yes-men.

1 Like

Twenty-five-year-old Chinese office worker Tufei says her boyfriend has everything she could ask for in a romantic partner: he’s kind, empathetic, and sometimes they talk for hours.

It’s quite sad actually. Can you imagine talking to a computer through your phone for hours each day? It’s just words on a screen.

And here’s where I realized I’m typing this into Forumosa. :face_with_peeking_eye:

Well, at least the words on here are coming from actual people with actual brains. (Mostly :sweat_smile:)

4 Likes
3 Likes

There’s really now no move that would be perceived positively!

His subsequent 30-minute appearance in a friendly match days later against Vissel Kobe in Japan only further angered Chinese fans, with many – including pro-Beijing politicians in Hong Kong – likening it to an insult to China.

Surely Messi has enough money to just tell them he was injured and if they dont accept that, then they should go fuck themselves.

3 Likes