Wack Things in Taiwan 2020

tenor (1)

Pending wack review by wack definition warriors, “classic”? picked cabbage donuts, at Mr Donut.

6 Likes

Failed ~ “Something being labelled as a ‘classic’ is usually defined as something which has been judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind and is recognized and is of established value. For example: Romeo & Juliet is a classic play written by William Shakespeare.”

1 Like

That’s actually the exact type of sports car suitable for taiwan. Providing it doesn’t break the bank and goes faster than a 50cc scooter…

I have no qualms about driving a comically small car, it would make driving and parking in taiwan possibly…enjoyable.

1 Like

Maybe it claims to be the Shakespeare of pickled cabbage.

2 Likes

:notworthy:

I would eat it

1 Like

You’re edging quite close to confirming my suspicion, (which I was being a bit craven about articulating explicitly, due to unpleasant past experience, but what the hell?) that “wack” is being interpreted here as “Not American”.

Whereas its often the other way around, as with a Humvee I once saw stuck down an alley.

Comically compact it wasn’t. Ludicrously large it was.

1 Like

I’ll be honest that car visually looks pretty sweet to me. But it is a smart car, which i’ve heard are over priced and slow… so this might still rest somewhere on the scale of wackness.

And yea taiwan seems to have the american view of cars which is a pity.

I remember looking in a dealers window in Aberdeen and it was about the same price as the standard Smart, which I found a bit astonishing. I daresay they fixed that later.

From a hazy memory of a Top Gear test it went OK but had very poor rear visibility, which using the rack won’t improve

1 Like

Those look fine to me. I like the sauerkraut ones from Seven. Only savory vegetarian thing they have.

2 Likes

What was the rider thinking?!
2604c8c350d537bb08322a3ea7a94a0fcf8606b56e39ba1f62301224aa417e84

1 Like

Seems to me this is more a way of using up a cheap ingredient which is probably in great surplus, rather than someone sitting down and deciding this is an amazing flavour combination. So the economics works, but the flavour may not.

https://udn.com/news/story/7315/4911722

1 Like

Did Taiwan News just increase the number of cars involved from 9 to 10?

2 Likes

Good god what a story.

The scooter guy is apparently in a coma.

Note to self: DON’T RIDE A SCOOTER ON THE EXPRESSWAY.

Guy

1 Like

The guy was not on the expressway, but on the freaking FREEWAY!!!
Although the expressway can also be dangerous…

1 Like

Please note this was not the first time this driver took a scooter down the highway as per records.

1 Like