Wack Things in Taiwan 2022

:+1:

3 Likes

Sounds right!

nonexpressive and nervously tense; rarely showing feelings; inhibited; stiff and uncomfortable

4 Likes

Wiktionary says it’s Taiwanese Mandarin.

That’s what I speak, so I don’t know if the meaning is different in Daigi.

2 Likes

Yes, I read the article. “Resilience” and “simpleton” are not mutually exclusive terms.

As resilient as he was, it had nothing to do with the point that I was responding to. I was responding to why he possibly couldn’t have obtained Spanish citizenship sooner.

I do not agree with your take. Let’s leave it at that.

Guy

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: From wack

From the article:

That father-son thing can be problematic in some cases. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And the alcohol thing as well.

2 Likes

Are the election trucks getting louder lately? It’s ridiculous how loud these things are
regular noise pollution is enough as is

5 Likes

Fuck him. Seven kids? As if the world doesn’t have enough.

:rofl:

I actually have an uncle with 9 kids. He says he’s only making up for all the people who don’t have kids, so in the end it all balances out. :joy:

EDIT: To be fair, the man in the article is indigenous Taiwanese, and there aren’t very many left.

1 Like

I’m sure life is simpler on Lanzarote.

1 Like

One or two drunken English people about

2 Likes

More kids to help beat them off.

That’s against the law to ask kids to beat people off.

6 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: From wack

I thought we were talking about drunk Englishmen :slight_smile:

13 posts were split to a new topic: Imprisonment and extortion in Taipei

The man was identified as a 43-year-old Taoyuan resident surnamed Hsu (èš±). On the day of the incident, Hsu dressed in a Jingmei Girls High School’s summer uniform, featuring a yellow shirt, black pleated skirt, black shoes, and wearing a long haired wig, per CNA. He took a train to Taipei, transferred to a bus, got off at the high school, and sneaked into the campus from the school’s front gate.

Hsu appeared manly even though he was wearing female attire. He reportedly lingered around a restroom, but students reported him and then the teaching staff got in touch with the police.

8 Likes