Wack Things in Taiwan 2022

That’s not the right attitude!

For better or for worse, this Godiva collaborative venture is only on for a short while . . .

Guy

1 Like

Did you tell the mom that you could taste her on your lips and smell her in your clothes?

Joking of course.

1 Like

Tried it. It was…OK. And considering the price, it was definitely on the low end of the CP值 spectrum.

2 Likes
5 Likes

WTAF.

It seems to me the primary motivation is to ensure the brown slaves are restricted in their movements, and stay in their dorms where they belong.

13 Likes

We’ve had this conversation over here, if you’re interested

3 Likes

I knew today was going to be an annoying day when some absolute hog who sits near me sat down her desk and let out a rumbling belch.

Just … fuck off.

Also, some numbnuts has decided to start splashing the tap with water before using it–I assume to clean itbefore touching it. Which floods the sink area with water so if you lean on it or put your arm on it you end up in a puddle.

Yet he’s too braindead to realise
1 - he has to touch the tap anyway in the first place to turn it on.
2 - that it does naff all anyway.

1 Like

Did he even end up using soap on his hands?

No idea, I was told it’s what some numbnuts ar doing after I asked a colleague if the taps leaking. Apparently it’s numbnuts not wanting tog et germs from the tap.

I am guessing they don’t use soap, though. Sticking my neck out a bit, but I very much doubt they did.

Bus driver screaming at Indian passenger to get off the bus for talking loudly. Bus driver yells “Get out!” in English as he stops by the side of the road to yell at the passenger. Also says that talking is not allowed on the bus (in Chinese)

Usually the bus driver is the one talking too loudly in my experience or getting pissed off at old people for asking a simple yes/no question or berating you for a variety of reasons.

18 Likes

" The DGH explained that the employer consent requirement was put in place in 1994 to hold migrant workers accountable who are involved in traffic accidents or violate traffic rules along with their employers, CNA said. Therefore, migrant workers must provide consent forms to ensure their employers are informed."

Now tell me which sane employer will sign their consent if they knew they will be held accountable in the event their “slave” f#$%s up while riding that little electric bicycle? :rage:

11 Likes

And why is an employer held accountable for an employee’s actions (outside of company premises)? That’s pretty wack. It has definite overtones of the employee being the employer’s property.

8 Likes

Wherever you go in the world, one of the constants is that bus drivers will be miserable bastards.

They’re the same in the UK. Getting arsey if you try and pay with anything other than the exact change.

3 Likes

Same in US but they get assey instead of arsey.

Postal workers too. They’re always miserable, lazy tossers the world over.

Ring the bell to drop off a parcel and scurry back to their van (or moped in Taiwan) quicker than Usain Bolt before you even have a chance to get off your chair.

Good friend of mine is a bus driver in Brooklyn, testy little guy.

Being a bus driver in NY would test the patience of Jesus Christ.

3 Likes

What a bargain… :smirk:

13 Likes

“tent-surfing” :laughing:

The rest of the building looks like an abandoned warehouse in Sanchong.

2 Likes

So now we are bitching about Chunghwa Post?

I invite you to do a little comparative experiement by spending some time in my home country, and then report back on how you feel.

Guy