Wack Things in Taiwan 2022

Now THAT was a friggin’ weird sentence to read at the top of the window, with zero context until I scrolled up a bit.

Some politicians will beat their chests and propose the death penalty and maybe even make the police enforce existing laws and issue fines to people who get to close to pedestrians…for a week or two.

1 Like

That’s the infuriating part, isn’t it? Taiwan’s got a lot of complex issues that are hard to deal with, and it’s difficult to figure out the best way to balance the benefits and drawbacks. But enforcing crosswalk laws? Should be pretty simple!

2 Likes

1 Like

Drunk oldies fight over NT$600 Uber taxi bill after a KTV session. One gets knocked out and subsequently dies.

Charged with assault resulting in death, and is under restricted residence after posting a bail of NT$100,000.

4 Likes

I’ve walked by this rat in a trap several times today. Is it normal to do this?

2 Likes

Never seen a cage trap over a grate like that, but I know they use this type of trap as clamp-style traps are illegal in Taiwan because they’re inhumane…like rat poison is humane or something. :thinking:

1 Like

I think the implication is they’ll let it free somewhere? Or maybe it’s just because they want to set it outside the house. I saw one once, it had a very forlorn looking house shrew in it.

1 Like

I know you can call the health department to pick up rodents. Maybe that’s why it’s there…curbside pickup?

4 Likes

A wheelchair locked to a bike rack. But one big mysterious question.

WHERE and HOW did the person in the wheelchair go to and leave their wheelchair locked to a bike rack?

6 Likes

Aboriginal tribes can gather driftwood I believe.

The same wack things in 2022 as in 2021.

1 Like

Reebark? :thinking:

Better make that to go.

4 Likes

And keep the change…

2 Likes

Really like this Apple Daily illustration…

“Innocent of drunk driving?”

2 Likes

7 Likes

How?

1 Like

The driver of the white car stopped there to look at flowers, and the other driver was spacing out and rear-ended it.

2 Likes