Wack Things in Taiwan 2022

Not that I know anyone who sprained their knee with exactly this nonsense back in the fall and the damn thing isn’t healing properly and they may need surgery to remove bone fragments from their knee…

12 Likes

I received a spiral fracture to my leg when someone thoughtfully sprayed water outside their shop front.

11 Likes

I’m surprised more people don’t slip on them. I kinda shuffle to avoid slipping.

I’ve gone over once when I rode a bike over one and it just slipped out from under me. So lucky I didn’t do some serious damage.

4 Likes

Happened to me on public property once.

2 Likes

Ditto, on my university campus.

Very lucky I didn’t suffer like @lostinasia . . . . :cry:

Guy

1 Like

Yes sure. They probably use very high temps.
But why doesn’t it go off for a week even when you expose it to air a couple of times ?:thinking:

Gamma rays, it’s the Incredible milk. just don’t get it angry or it turns to Stilton.

2 Likes

I never understand all the bathroom tiles they put outside. Do they want people to slip in the rain or something?

3 Likes

No. They want them to go to the bathroom in the rain.

3 Likes

In Soviet Russia, bathroom go to YOU!!! in the rain.

3 Likes

And wear shoes with a good grip in the rain!

2 Likes

Totally agree about the bathroom tile that Taiwan loves so much…it needs to go.

2 Likes

For whatever reason, the construction company that built my building decided not only should they make the “balconies” small as possible so that you barely have enough room to hang clothes, they should also put the outside part of air conditioning units within the confines of the balcony.

Makes for a nice lovely mildewy smell when I have clothes hung up drying and I want to use the air conditioner. Delicious.

1 Like

On that note:

“View” from my balcony:

View when avoiding the air conditioner to take a picture:

:unamused: :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

You guys have a balcony?

5 Likes

You have a dryer? Lucky son of a biscuit!

5 Likes

Bought it myself - not that expensive: Dishwashers in Taiwan. Good or bad? - #19 by qwert_zuiop

2 Likes

Oh thanks! I might have to splurge for one…and a dryer.

Keelung, a city full of hair follicle? Cos that looks like a Hair Follicle! :rofl:

2 Likes

The entire driveway in front of my office building (from the main gate to the scooter parking lots) is paved with those marble /porcelain tiles that makes them as slippery as KY Jelly when it rains…Lots of poor, unsuspecting souls have driven over it in the wet seasons without thinking much about the consequences and then…Skiiiiiddddddd,…and slip. Simply walking over those tiles are a real good exercise for your feet and calves too as one have to tense up and walk like they’re burning charcoals. Terrible construction!

15 Likes