Wack Things in Taiwan 2022

Don’t provide the link.
PS where did you see that link :joy:

3 Likes

Reddit, which had trained me that NSFW flags don’t mean anything. This one time, yup, it meant something.

2 Likes
5 Likes

One more for the day:

5 Likes

The only “sly and the unpredictable” thing was the school. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Since no video link, how about some narrative?

Were they facing each other, lap-sitting, 69?

Well… it’s a moving scooter right? So someone has to hold onto the handlebars

Yes…… but not both of them. Where was the one that wasn’t holding the handlebars?

Plus of course they’re both facing forward. To do otherwise would be irresponsible, and no one wants to be irresponsible while boinking on a scooter.

3 Likes

May I ask the stupid question: why?!

2 Likes

To make a video!

The language and all the freakin’ tones. What’s up with that? Wack, man.

1 Like

I googled to try and see this feat, and couldn’t locate it, but there is one from Paraguay in 2017. Some people are living life at a whole other level ha

1 Like

Didn’t that person post here for advice?

Or was that a different one?

I remember seeing such a post but I couldn’t remember if it was here, Facebook, or reddit where I saw the post.

Saw this on Reddit.

Wearing helmets.

Funerals starting at 6 AM. Who wants to wake up at 4:30 AM to got to a funeral?

3 Likes

I am not sure if Taiwan parents are more protective than parents in other countries but…wow…my wife and I hear so many stories from our friends that this seems to be pervasive at least among the parents we know with money to support.

So many stories but this is probably the best…

Control freak mother does following for son:
-during college time she called him from work every morning several times to entice him to get out bed and go to class [result: school kicked him out for non-attendance]
-bought him the best of everything (musical equipment, clothes, phones, etc.) [result: ???]
-supported him to go to France to learn French for two years stint in order to get into design school [result: picked up enough French to attend school and pick up girls]
-during summer breaks from learning French asked her design house vendor to “employ” her son so he would at least get up in the morning [result: she called him every morning to plead him to go to work…which he occasionally did…while picking up a “short-term” girlfriend at the vendor as the son described]
-requested her design house vendor to provide a design the son used to apply for school [result: accepted by school]
-requested her design house vendor to do her son’s homework by sending designs to France

The mother claims her son graduated top of his class…but actually he (or the vendor company) got first place for a design submitted in competition. The mother also claimed after graduation he got a job at a high end design house…but actually he is only an intern.

Latest news is the son is asking his mother to buy him a Lotus.

I saw him once while he was back during a summer break…I am old so easily scared by guys with long, unkept hair, tatoos filling up both arms, cheek piercing and about 10 ear piercings.

14 Likes

Next in the news, something about a Lotus car instead of a Maserati?

1 Like

Hard to say who has more fault here, he or his mom…

1 Like