Wack Things in Taiwan 2022

Those always used to piss me off.

I’ve seldom seen anything so hated. But I love them.

The company I work for now gives us a day off on these days, but I still dislike the principle of it. My kids go to school too. It does not feel like a weekend day.

Oh thank goodness this one doesn’t affect the university semester. They’re awful. We need to arrange our own make-ups which take forever to set up and then many students can’t make it so it has to be something of a pointless class anyway. Lots of extra paperwork for no purpose.

1 Like

English articles in Taiwan that talk about apps but never mention the name are the worst. Even CNA doesn’t mention the name on FocusTaiwan, but has it right in the title in their Chinese article. The app even has English name/language support too…

TaiwanNews does it a lot too…

In case any was wondering
Chinese: 愛心鏡
English: RhythmCam-Heart Rhythm Checker

6 Likes

Damm… I must be really old. I thought Reese were always in 2 was standard when I was growing up. You get singles for Halloween. And King size was 4 if I remember correctly. When did it change to packets of 3 as standard??? Does Twix come in 3 also now!!! what about Kit kat? They come in 5 or 6?

I’ve only ever seem them in packs of 2 as well.

2 Likes

Also, I remain unconvinced a mobile phone camera/mic could be calibrated properly and used for detecting heart conditions, by (elderly) members of the public. Perhaps the reason it’s the first A.P.P in Asia to do this is because everyone else was sensible enough to not even try?

I’m not going to link this as it’s against the rules. Don’t ask me to link it.

But let’s just say there is a video a passerby took of two people doing the deed on a moving scooter in Taiwan.

They were very safe. They wore masks and helmets.

13 Likes

couldn’t resist googling that… :grin:

3 Likes

Came too late for me- after that huge typhoon that coated the beaches years ago, my wife and I collected much driftwood for her carving i.e. she pointed out the pieces she wanted and I had to hump them back to
the van.

1 Like

I saw it as well. Impressive balance, or maybe focusing on avoiding side to side motion to keep themselves upright. Out of all the dumb and crazy things you see on a scooter I have to say…I never expected this would happen, but hey anything goes I guess.

3 Likes

Yes, the square toilet/tissue paper used in many households.

1 Like

Ultra thin!

1 Like

Because bus schedules are run like a weekday, just confusing most buses run differently.

On the one hand it’s cheap, on the other hand however is probably something that requires extensive hand washing.

1 Like

This can be mitigated with elaborate origami technique. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Oh, look! Someone filled the bin with chocolate gyoza!

3 Likes

“Wait…did I type that out loud?” :open_mouth:

1 Like