Wack Things in Taiwan 2022

Lol yeah that makes no sense at all. Not sure what it’s meant to accomplish. Maybe peer pressure to not get into the car with a drunk driver?

You’d think that potentially crashing and losing your life would be a bigger factor than a 6,000 NTD fine though

3 Likes

What if I’m in a Taxi and the driver is drunk?

4 Likes

Maybe there’s a loophole where a drunk driver claims to be passenger, and they get a sober friend to claim they were driving?

1 Like

That’s very illegal!
:policewoman:

That can’t be constitutional.

1 Like

Those loud advertising trucks out. It’s bad enough normally with just the scooters and the modified exhausts that sound like a lawnmower…

5 Likes

Wow money really opens all doors huh…yeah this is really terrible timing. Surely there is at least some backlash by now.

Grease the right palms and I guess you really can do anything here :sweat_smile:

Actually really pisses me off. Last year, myself and some random girl behind me got sprayed (while wearing our masks lol) with 大白 ghostbuster fumes while heading down the escalator into the MRT - at a time where covid was much less prolific in Taipei. Yet these jagoffs (probably) paid wads of cash - I guess to TRTC or whoever - to get to cavort around maskless without a fear in the world of being fined or shamed on news media. Christ.

2 Likes

I suggest that any car used by a drunk driver needs to be impounded for 6 months. So many drunk drivers are driving their friend’s cars and seems (I am not sure about this) that the government only impounds the cars owned by drunk drivers. So even when the drunk driver has no car of his own he uses his friends’ cars. I bet if the government snatched every car used by drunk drivers then no one would lend their car to the habitually drunk guys/gals.

8 Likes

Who does marketing and product design for Pizza Hut? I think he needs to be fired.

They would save so much money just sticking to proven topping that works. Every few months they come up with these weird idea, like someone just tossed a bunch of random Taiwanese and American ingredients into a blender and barfed it onto a pizza crust.

1 Like

Look how much we are now talking about Pizza Hut!

Yes it’s because we think this “innovation” is disgusting. But think of all the free publicity they’ve received!

Guy

3 Likes

Pizza hut is already a major chain. They don’t need the extra publicity. Besides this is not the first time Pizza hut came up with some disgusting pizza ideas. Like that century egg and pig blood ones. Someone needs to school them on what food goes well with what.

Every one of their disgusting ideas aged like old milk. Basically disappeared into oblivion, not to be found in even all you can eat pizza huts.

Pizza hut is spending millions on products that lasts maybe a few months. Surely they can develop something that will stick rather than some monstrosity that is costing them.

If it was any good they would have become classic. They already have plenty of localized flavors that goes together well, at least not disgusting. Unless they have culinary school students come up with these things.

Police station chief Chuang Yu-pei (莊于霈) was cited as saying that she immediately asked officers to pull up surveillance footage, which showed a small blue truck carrying a load of discarded wood and the air purifier to the recycling depot. Within two hours, the police had confirmed the identity of the money’s owner, a 70-year-old man surnamed Chen (陳), and notified him to collect the lost cash.

CNA cited Chen as saying that he had asked workers to recycle the old air purifier while his home underwent renovation. The machine was over 40 years old and had not been used for a long time; Chen said he could not recall when he hid the NT$2 million inside.

3 Likes

What’s the point?

Even if you discover money hidden inside an old mattress given to you, you can’t legally keep it anyways.

Must be nice

5 Likes

Actually it’s smart.

Just look at Pizza Hut Strange Flavor history in the last 5 years. They like to be “The weird flavor choice” so people would love to buy it only for a few bites in order to upload their reactions and funny videos on IG, TikTok etc and make them a Challenge.

This marketing manager aim for the Taiwanese Youth Media , so believe me…90% of people that order this Blasphemy is for make video reactions or challenge.

While the 10% are the ones " Why not? " Or " Im too drunk " :joy:

6 Likes

How everything gets slippery when wet.

2 Likes

Was drinking a lovely coffee that an event organizer sent for free.

Wait a minute what’s that black thing?

Oh

3 Likes

Extra protein.

3 Likes

Poor hygiene! I won’t be buying or trying free samples.

Meh. I don’t think this would qualify in the top 1000 in the Taiwan wack list. Just another reminder that we’re sharing this island with lots of other creatures!

Guy

2 Likes