Wack Things in Taiwan 2022

I’m waiting for the shallow-fried duaping (or whatever) that brings a little bit of Scottish sclerosis to some corner of my foreign carotid, and I idly check out the stuffed toy silo in the mechanical grabber parlour next door.

Its surprisingly disturbing.

One of the bigger stuffed toys has the lower body of a My Little Pony, including four rather rickets-ruined fetlocks and a blonde My Little Pony Tail, and the upper body of Jaws, including a dorsal fin.

Eeuw!

Ugh!

Uh?

I’ll have to rethink my ideas about what teenage girl jailbait finds cute.

1 Like

Hmm…No reaction.

That may imply that “My Little Mutant Shony/Pork” is a well known yoof culture icon, perhaps a beloved Japanese cartoon character, and not at all a vision from a Hieronymous Bosch stylee genetically engineered hell.

You live and learn.

Doesn’t mean it isn’t wack though.

We need a pic of this abomination.

Can never get my phone to upload anything. Got a proper camera somewhere though

What’s this about arson in Hsinchu that killed 8 people? Asking for a spouse.

https://udn.com/news/story/122894/6391954

1 Like

The eight victims were from the same family, and the fire was allegedly started by the shop owner’s younger son after a quarrel with his mother, according to authorities. The arson suspect was arrested and sent to hospital shortly after fleeing the fire.

I guess he showed her. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Just awful.

Another family dispute, ending tragically. What’s with the inability of people to deal with emotion and resolve conflicts? There is something seriously broken here with some of the boys.

Guy

4 Likes

I attribute it here anyway, to a lack of literacy, shallow vocabulary, and grunting to real life people while taptaptapping away online to strangers.

So goddman grotesque. I read that one of the victims had a foreigner fiancé … I hope he’s coping. He killed his own wife, their children, his sister, his brother’s wife, his brother’s child, and his mother. I can’t even imagine what his brother is going through now.

The piece of shit is saying that he only bought petroleum to scare his father but his cigarette fell off and started the fire.

Also, people really should stop being cheap af and start RENTING. That shitty house had like 10 people living inside … it’s not like rent would be expensive in the middle of nowhere. It’s so fucking stupid that people refuse to rent because they “don’t want to help the landlord pay rent”.

2 Likes

Horrific. My wife told me about this earlier. We used to live across the road and bought tyres from that place.

2 Likes

Just got into a line taxi…

They don’t accept line pay :confused:

That’s wack

1 Like

Also, it pisses me off in those taxi stands when the taxi at the front is tiny and won’t fit our push chair/luggage, the big taxis behind won’t let us get in because they are “queuing”, so I have to wait for those other taxis to be taken by other people, and then get in the ones waiting behind that are big enough.

I think that many families in Taiwan do not communicate with each other about anything serious without yelling and fighting. My in-laws are that way with their kids…nothing discussed without fighting. Sit down and calmly discuss issues of importance? Not happening. The parents simply do not have any experience doing that…and their parents were mostly the same way with them.

Combine that with the lack of respect for parents.

Such like my wife’s friend who complained about her son. She wanted to renovate her house. The son objected. Why? He said because the house is actually his since when she is gone he will own this house so he does not want her to mess with the house now.
Or my friend’s kids who won’t move out because then they might have to spend more of their money. They save their money for their 2 - 3 trips every year (before Covid) to Japan to ski. Nevermind the father closed his business after borrowing money to keep it open. They don’t mind living with him (one son also has his girlfriend living with him)…eating free meals, having their mom wash their clothes and clean their rooms, etc. They planned to move out once…put down a deposit…then noted they would have to purchase basic essential household stuff…moving out plan cancelled.
The stories are endless about kids leveraging (not loving) their parents.

8 Likes

I suspect the leveraging goes both ways. :neutral_face:

Guy

2 Likes

Accompany me and I’ll pay for everything and give you the house.

Give me the house and pay for everything and I’ll accompany you.

Trying to get your 3% cashback?
:joy:

5 Likes

I rather think that’s what a queue implies. Y’know, a “waiting your turn” kind of thing.

Yeah but if you can’t serve the customer, then you should give the customer to the next taxi. Many taxis have their boots filled with junk and can’t fit our luggage, or push chair. We end up just waiting for the next one anyway so it achieves nothing except delaying the customer.

1 Like

Yup. I’ve been using Uber mostly to get it, but it’s kinda hard to call an Uber to big train stations with regular taxi queues